• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

There is a reason why I consistently advise people to avoid Franks book, and to buy the Marshall/Oldfield book. The former is out of date and suggests techniques that are or can be harmful to pens. I could write a whole article discussing what I have issues with and why. It might even be a series of articles.....

This would actually be very valuable is you ever get the time Ron. There are a lot of people still relying on Frank's book and still a few people selling it like it's gospel. It would make a good Pennant article, although some might think of it as sacrilegious due to Frank's memory in the hobby. But it sounds like it's needed.

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#22 Ron Z

Ron Z

Advisor

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Regarding my reputation. It is my fondest wish that the past be left there. I have started rebuilding my business and life from the ground up. I need to begin with a fresh start so I can build my reputation the way it should have been done when I first joined the pen community.

Thinking about this Dennis... Given your track record over the last 6 or 7 years (including many "rebirths"), you have two ways of looking at the responses you get here. You can look at our comments here as picking on you or whatever if you like. But if you really are determined to do it right this time, you can look at us as a support group who will not cut you any slack, which will help to keep you on the straight and narrow so that you can develop the habits and reputation that you need so much. Your choice.

Posted Image
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Visit Main Street Pens

The Blue Fingers Blog is live! Ramblings and musings (and occasional repair tips) from the bench.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users