4 replies to this topic

#1 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Does anyone have experience with dreamweaver46077's (on eBay) pen part reproductions? Specifically, I'm in need of a few tassie replacements, and I wonder how the quality of his/her reproductions are.

At the same time, I note that the reproductions would cost me 20 dollars each after shipping is factored into it. I wonder if I couldn't get originals for the same or even less money if I talked to the right person. I realize that some of the items he/she sells are certainly a bit cheaper than originals, such as the Royal Challenger clips, which might justify a reproduction purchase. What do you guys think?

#2 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have purchased a couple of clips (Patrician and Wahl roller clip) and a Waterman Globe for Patrician barrel. All were high quality items. I believe they are gold plated, so they probably won't wear as well as original gold filled. Also bought some guitar picks from him.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#3 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ditto here. I've grabbed a couple 3 or 4 clips from him, they are decent copies and I was happy with them.

#4 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationManila/Virginia/San Diego

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

i got a patrician clip from him which worked very well; however, the vac OS tassie i got just wouldn't fit :( so ymmv....
Check out my pens here and my blog here.

#5 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

2 clips, a doric style clip, and a wahl eversharp roller clip. Both looked good. The plating is yellow gold, if your trim is of a slightly different hue, it will be noticeable by the careful observer. The clips, both were "softer" than a vintage pen clip, but I expected that since these appear to be cast, rather than stamped. Nice reproductions for user pens. I wish he had a larger range of clips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users