• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Will

Will

journeyman

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I really want a 142...the size looks cool (like a mini mini 149!), and they have flex nibs (most of the time) and a telescoping piston so I hear...
Any people have pictures of what the pen looks like taken apart? What does the piston look like?--just saw a video showing a modern 149 being taken apart, and the brass piston looked really cool...

Thanks!

Will

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I really want a 142...the size looks cool (like a mini mini 149!), and they have flex nibs (most of the time) and a telescoping piston so I hear...
Any people have pictures of what the pen looks like taken apart? What does the piston look like?--just saw a video showing a modern 149 being taken apart, and the brass piston looked really cool...

Thanks!

Will

Might have a black 142 from the 1940's or 50s or some such, celluloid.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Will

Will

journeyman

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

You have one? Take some pics of the mechanism if you can! I'd love to learn more about this...

And if you are willing to part with it...oh...I would be a very happy kid!

#4 Will

Will

journeyman

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Anybody know if the piston is shaped and designed like the 149? I found a tool for sale on penboard.de that said it could take apart all mont blancs from the 142-149 sizes...but it didn't have any pictures of the pens being taken apart.

#5 talkinghead

talkinghead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Anybody know if the piston is shaped and designed like the 149? I found a tool for sale on penboard.de that said it could take apart all mont blancs from the 142-149 sizes...but it didn't have any pictures of the pens being taken apart.

142's were from the 50's, made of celluloid. The piston mechanism is the classic MB telescoping mechanism of that era, so yes, the same as all the 14x series of that time, including the 149. I don't have my own pictures of the 142 disassembled showing the piston mechanism ( I have some but they are copyrighted). Just google "montblanc telescoping" and go to images...

Or go to Max Schrage's website...he has pictures of this piston mechanism> Max

Hope that helps....but for what it's worth , the 142 is really a small pen.

Rick

Edit....wow, just noticed I've been a member here since 8/2010 and only 5 posts...I need to get more active here! Posted Image

Edited by talkinghead, 01 February 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#6 Earthdawn

Earthdawn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Here is a quick video of a 149 being takin apart;

I have a 146 & 344

The 344 seems like a little brother to the 146 in the size comparison as the 146 is the little brother to the 149.

The 344 has a wonderfully flexable nib too Posted Image

Edited by Earthdawn, 01 February 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#7 Will

Will

journeyman

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for that link, talkinghead. I know it is a small pen...that's why I'm interested in it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users