Photo

WHO ya gonna call??? (penbusters... I cannn't heeeaar you)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

Been a strange year for pen finds. While for first year since starting, weather and schedule conflicts forced me to miss a couple major pen shows limiting one of my key sources of nice pens, this has been overwhelmingly my best year for collections and hoards turning up at the doorstep. A couple months ago I posted the WASP collection that showed up at the Raleigh Show (with total 120+ vintage Sheaffers). In Spring a collection of 120 Parkers, Pelikans and Conways found its way to my home (not sure I ever posted that series). Then there is the 1000-pen hoard from last month, again not yet photo'd (but soon), although most of that was third tier material in poor shape (though with enough good material to justify the purchase).

Meanwhile three days ago a 40 pen collection arrived for inspection (which I plan to do this weekend).

And, last night I met Eric (FPB member) at Starbucks in NYC's UES. Eric recently found a superb 125-pen Parker collection at an antiques mall (no joke), a collection laden with nice material in good shape. He'd posted the find at FPB. But since the collection had been an all-or-none proposition and since he didn't want the entire collection, we figured there was a chance I could take some of the pens off his hands (partnering, after the fact), leaving him with pens he wanted. There seemed to be enough nice stuff to go around. Whoever had previously assembled this pen cluster had not been a random accumulator. This batch was... nice.

The partnering idea... worked :)

Had great time going through the pen pile. Discussed some of the interesting finds. Pulled about 50 items (counting some pencils as part of sets) and managed to come home with yet another collection, making perhaps the fifth big "find' in 6 months. Verily, I'm living the collector dream, even if running low on storage space.

And, seems I'm "stuck" with another Gerstner tool case, though this one in much rougher shape than the pristine example that came with a pen collection year or so back.

Here is a photo spread of Eric and me with the pens I grabbed. Never can have too many Senior Maximas ;)

Posted Image

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Nice! It is always great to find hoards of pens and share them with the community. The colors on most of the duofolds look better than average. That chest... might be of interest to me. David, are you going to the NY show?

Regards,
George

#3 Chris Chalmers

Chris Chalmers

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

David - your pen angel is always right there in the right place at the right time!!! What a lovely looking haul!
I would love a green Snr Max with a flexy nib...........am I dreaming??? :blink:
I can't wait for the detailed list to come out! :P
Hugs from the Little Island off the Big Island Down Under!

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:59 AM

David - your pen angel is always right there in the right place at the right time!!! What a lovely looking haul!
I would love a green Snr Max with a flexy nib...........am I dreaming??? :blink:
I can't wait for the detailed list to come out! :P

Or Burgundy with flex? ;)

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#5 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

Nice! It is always great to find hoards of pens and share them with the community. The colors on most of the duofolds look better than average. That chest... might be of interest to me. David, are you going to the NY show?

Regards,
George

Not clear yet. Sunday is nephew's birthday in Long Island. Working now until Sunday morning in Syr. Might take one day off and if so should be able to pop into show probably just Sunday morning. But, there is that there repair guy in Syracuse who might want the case. Of course, there is always the mint version still on my shelf in Syracuse... not really used that much.

The orange and black Senior DF's are great. The green Juniore pre_DF (non DF) Lucky Curve with 3px nib full flex and great color not too shabby either. Or the boxed giant imprint RHR DF bandless Jr albeiit with chunk missing from cap li Posted Image

-d

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users