Photo

Photo: Best Black and Pearl Wahl I've ever handled.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

My hunt for crisp black/pearl vintage fountain pens has not been quite as intense as my pursuit of clean "jade" celluloid. Still, I try not to pass on good examples when they appear, given that most black/pearl pens found are quite discolored.

This "long/standard" Wahl Personal Point has the best black and pearl color I've ever seen on a Wahl. I could not pass on it. On my monitor, the color seems about right. Impresses more in person, I suspect.

Just some eye candy.

Posted Image

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

David,

Is that dried ink in the threads? tsk, tsk...

:P

#3 JB Apelbaum

JB Apelbaum

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

That's a great set David in fanastic colour.

Here's a mint, stickered oversize Wahl Eversharp from my collection. The colour is sensational - white/quartz marble with no ambering at all. The under side of the feed still has the white chalk/wax on the 'M' imprint denoting a medium nib. Barrel still has the original sac inside which has never been filled, and for some reason there is a cob web inside the rubber ink sac (go figure).

Attached File  post-2962-1237378835.jpg   70.59KB   23 downloads

Barry

P.S. Notice the LeBoeuf elephant figurine on the left?

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

That's a great set David in fanastic colour.

Here's a mint, stickered oversize Wahl Eversharp from my collection. The colour is sensational - white/quartz marble with no ambering at all. The under side of the feed still has the white chalk/wax on the 'M' imprint denoting a medium nib. Barrel still has the original sac inside which has never been filled, and for some reason there is a cob web inside the rubber ink sac (go figure).

Attached File  post-2962-1237378835.jpg   70.59KB   23 downloads

Barry

P.S. Notice the LeBoeuf elephant figurine on the left?

I am suitably envious. It seems our Australian contingent finds some nice pens ;)

Note, too, that if you'd like to upload many pictures (the upload via the posting upload seems to max at 500k), do use the GALLERY tab at top. Essentially unlimited hosting here, and each image can then be linked from any post.

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users