• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

As for making deals, I'm not going to report you, I strive to work out any outcomes that arrive, and if it can't be, we'll go our separate ways and maybe on the next transaction it goes to both parties likings.

To whom could you possibly report Pat?

regards

david

I would never report Pat. The pen world is small as I have learned, and if any sort of transaction went blurry, most of the time you could fix it without any sort of intervention from other members,etc.

#42 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

As for making deals, I'm not going to report you, I strive to work out any outcomes that arrive, and if it can't be, we'll go our separate ways and maybe on the next transaction it goes to both parties likings.

regards

david

I would never report Pat. The pen world is small as I have learned, and if any sort of transaction went blurry, most of the time you could fix it without any sort of intervention from other members,etc.

Yet your quoted comment suggests you would...

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#43 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

regards

david

Yet your quoted comment suggests you would...

regards

david

I was replying to his question;

"If the transaction does not go to your liking, will you then report as you have done previously about being taken advantage of?"

Which I don't believe I have ever done, but if it has, it must have been a mistake on my part.

#44 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Brandon would be well advised to keep quiet, stay below the parapet and grow up before offering further inane utterances.

#45 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

PatMorgan,

Im more than happy to answer your questions.

It will be next year, school year, when I'm a senior in which I'll be taking photography. So I don't exactly know the questions to your photography classroom questions.

2 points here:

1-First you stated that your teacher had a Canon 5D. Is this the photography teacher and if so, is this teaching you in another class.

2-Making deals, Brandon, i told you I would not enter into a transaction with you even when you are age of consent. Based on the some of the things you have done which are not ethical, I am not comfortable entering into any transaction with you. You have demonstrated through the doll transaction, the violation of terms of service on Ebay, and other things, it is wiser for me to not enter any transaction with you even when you are of age of consent. Based on this, the chances of you doing a market watch on me on the basis of a transaction we have together, likely will not happen unless there are so many changes in the way you do business.

Lastly, the statement I made was on the basis of this:

http://fountainpenbo...age__hl__repair

In this thread you whined and then admitted there was a good chance there was a communication error on your part.

You offer your wares freely for anyone to examine as you have stated in a message, I am sure we will hear about it.

#46 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

PatMorgan,

It will be next year, school year, when I'm a senior in which I'll be taking photography. So I don't exactly know the questions to your photography classroom questions.

2 points here:

1-First you stated that your teacher had a Canon 5D. Is this the photography teacher and if so, is this teaching you in another class.

2-Making deals, Brandon, i told you I would not enter into a transaction with you even when you are age of consent. Based on the some of the things you have done which are not ethical, I am not comfortable entering into any transaction with you. You have demonstrated through the doll transaction, the violation of terms of service on Ebay, and other things, it is wiser for me to not enter any transaction with you even when you are of age of consent. Based on this, the chances of you doing a market watch on me on the basis of a transaction we have together, likely will not happen unless there are so many changes in the way you do business.

In this thread you whined and then admitted there was a good chance there was a communication error on your part.

You offer your wares freely for anyone to examine as you have stated in a message, I am sure we will hear about it.

Correct, he owned a 5D Mk III, and I'll be taking his class next school year. I hope to learn better photography skills.

I understand your concern with dealing with a minor is business.

#47 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

PatMorgan,

2 points here:

Correct, he owned a 5D Mk III, and I'll be taking his class next school year. I hope to learn better photography skills.

Are you taking any classes with this teacher right now?

Concerning business dealings, is that you all have to say? I understand your concerning with dealing with a minor in business? Nothing else concerning the other things I posted?

#48 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

PatMorgan,

2 points here:

Are you taking any classes with this teacher right now?

Concerning business dealings, is that you all have to say? I understand your concerning with dealing with a minor in business? Nothing else concerning the other things I posted?

I am not currently taking any classes with this teacher. He is our new track coach as of last year, and was just given the position of district photographer.

Referencing business with a minor, though not illegal, may be looked down upon and seem unethical from other perspectives. I can understand how ones ambitions may get in the way to the point where certain rules don't apply, in the case to ebay, which may demonstrate to individuals that I can't be trusted.

#49 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

You can see how proper usage is important. You stated to me he was your teacher. If you are not taking a class with him, he is not your teacher. He may your teacher in the future, but he is not your teacher at this time. He is a teacher in the school that you attend. You stated he was your teacher.

David I. suggested you to you two very important books last fall.

Coherent presentation in writing, with tight syntax and grammar, is but the knock on the door for college. The first "would of done that" and you are toast. Buy Strunk and White and buy Word Power Made Easy, and make them your bible the next couple years.

Did you ever purchase them, study them and put the concepts in these books to good use demonstrating that you have mastered coherent presentation in writing as David suggested?

Concerning conducting business with a minor. Ebay from I see wants their buyers and sellers to use PayPal for their transactions. Here are the rules for PayPal concerning age:

https://cms.paypal.c...&locale.x=en_US

2.1 Eligibility. To be eligible to use the PayPal Services, you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States or one of the countries listed on the PayPal WorldWide page. This Agreement applies only to Users who are residents of the United States. If you are a resident of another country, you may access the agreement that applies to you from our website in your country.

--------

A person who uses PayPal and is under the age of 18 is also in violation of their terms of service. Just some information for you to consider.

While a minor can go into Target and purchase thousands of items in the store and pay for them and exit them, internet sales are different. Are you aware that on the Target site under their terms and agreements it states the following:

http://www.target.co...=fnav_t_spc_2_4

LICENSE AND ACCESS
Target grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Site and the Content for NONCOMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY and only to the extent such use does not violate these Terms &Conditions including, without limitation, the prohibitions listed in the UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USES" section of these Terms & Conditions. You may download, print, and copy Content for personal, noncommercial purposes only, provided you do not modify or alter the Content in any way, delete or change any copyright or trademark notice, or violate these Terms & Conditions in any way. Accessing, downloading, printing, posting, storing, or otherwise using the Site or any of the Content for any commercial purpose, whether on behalf of yourself or on behalf of any third party, constitutes a material breach of these Terms & Conditions. The Site is intended for use by individuals 13 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may use this Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.

Note the last line. Other sites have different rules and regs. Here is what Walmart has to say:

http://help.walmart....s/detail/a_id/8

Walmart and its affiliates have no liability to you for content on the Walmart Sites that you find offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Certain videos, movies, TV programs, video games, and computer games are labeled with age restrictions and may be intended for mature audiences only. By ordering an age restricted item, you certify that you satisfy the age restrictions.
We sell products for children’s use; however, these products are intended for selling to adults. If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you may use the Walmart Sites only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Individuals may use the Walmart Sites to create gift or wish lists for individuals, including children under the age of 13 by making product selections for the child; additional personally identifiable information about the child should not be provided.

Walmart uses the term under the age of majority. I am not an attorney but I do believe the age of majority for the USA is 18.

Let's go to Amazon:

YOUR ACCOUNT

If you use any Amazon Service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Amazon does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under 18, you may use the Amazon Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Alcohol listings on Amazon are intended for adults. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase alcohol, or use any site functionality related to alcohol. Amazon reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.

--------

So we have three places on the web that wants a person to be of age when they do business with them. Lots of people violate the terms of service because they are under the age of 18 and order items. Just because lots of people violate the law does not them doing the right thing. They are breaking rules. They are not obeying the rules. I wonder why all these places do not want people to conduct interstate transactions with people under the age of 18?

Wonder why? Do you have any idea?

I mean I remember reading a message about a 16 year old going on a gun site and stating he was 21 years of age when he was not 21 years of age.

#50 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

Because of liability reasons.? I really don't know other than that...

I'll look into purchasing those books.

#51 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Brandon

There are probably many websites that can you teach you how to photograph still life product photography.

You can get an idea here:

http://digital-photo...sive-light-tent

or purchasing a light tent system and learning how to use the light tent

The most important thing is if you going to purchase a tripod do not buy an inexpensive under 30 buck tripod. You need to go and buy a tripod that can hold 7 lbs or more of camera and lens and that tripod does not cost less than 80 bucks. I have to buy one next week for my camera and it will run about 100 bucks for a lightweight tripod with a head that can hold the weight of 7 or more lbs. I have seen a tripod that was inexpensive and the camera pull the tripod to the ground destroyed a 1000 buck lens. Get a tripod which has a good strong head. You can shop at a good camera shop and do not let them talk you into an inexpensive tripod. A good strong tripod will last you years.

Realize that a camera can weight 2 lbs. The lens can weight 1-2 lbs. To be on the safe side, you double the weight of the camera and lens combination you are going to use and add 1-2 lbs. That was what I was advised at BHPhoto where I will purchase the tripod. I was set to buy an inexpensive tripod. I had a 1 hour lesson on tripods and why I need a one which can bear the weight.

When searching for a light tent, can go to a camera store and speak to the expert on the system that would work with you the best. You can learn about them from googling light tents and from there learn about them.

Google around and learn the lighting for jewelry shots because pens are close enough to jewelry and then glass shots like perfume bottles etc.

Buy a light tent kit which has the lights also so you can have consistent color temperature and know what you are setting.

This is a starting point. Researching things can be quite a lot of fun. i enjoy it. I am sure you do also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users