• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I picked these up at lunch from the post office.

These are not commonly seen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

A cannot identify the set. It resembles a mix of Parker 51 with the section of a 5th Avenue, what is that?

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

An Admiral? If not, I don't know because i've actually had several of these with the same hood, I sold one of them, and the one I have right now says "Made is USA" on the pen, but nothing else

Edited by brando090, 30 April 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#4 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

First one is some sort of early Pilot retractible, or perhaps Namiki.

#5 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Not Pilot nor Parker.

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't typically deal with these, though the top pen to me does yelp, "Pilot/Namiki".

The gray set... Aurora?

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#7 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

This will help for the pen and pencil set.

Posted Image

#8 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

"Platinom?" Platinum?

#9 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

"Platinom?" Platinum?

yes, Platinum

#10 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

Early Hero pens?

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#11 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

The black "capless" pen is a Platinum Knock aka Platinum Capless. It was introduced in 1965. The pen did not have a long lifetime because Pilot threatened legal action and the pen was pulled from the market.

The Parker-like pen is what I believe to be a Platinum A-S1 pen that was introduced in 1946. It's a pretty good clone of a 51. The pen looks like a aerometric or plain squeeze filler. I'm still trying to confirm some of he info for this pen.

#12 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

An Admiral? If not, I don't know because i've actually had several of these with the same hood, I sold one of them, and the one I have right now says "Made is USA" on the pen, but nothing else

Does your pen also say Wearever?

The black "capless" pen is a Platinum Knock aka Platinum Capless. It was introduced in 1965. The pen did not have a long lifetime because Pilot threatened legal action and the pen was pulled from the market.

The Parker-like pen is what I believe to be a Platinum A-S1 pen that was introduced in 1946. It's a pretty good clone of a 51. The pen looks like a aerometric or plain squeeze filler. I'm still trying to confirm some of he info for this pen.

Believe these are later than 1946 or they Would pre-date Parker phasing out the Vacumatic filler. A Patent search would possibly provide data.

Edited by FarmBoy, 02 May 2013 - 04:40 AM.

#13 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

Believe these are later than 1946 or they Would pre-date Parker phasing out the Vacumatic filler. A Patent search would possibly provide data.

This is the interesting point.

Platinum themselves date the A-S1 as 1946. However, I am not certain that this pen is an A-S1 nor if it is from 1946. The pen could be a later variant. I need to check with Stan. I've only found a few scant references to this pen in the English literature.

#14 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

The Pat. No. on the pen is 374902

#15 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Does your pen also say Wearever?

No it does not, but yes, Platinum pens I have several of. I do really like the shape of the hood, but with cheap quality, and not good resale, there isn't much for me to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users