• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ljwahl

ljwahl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

I recently finished grading fifty, 10-page research papers-- it was quite an ordeal. What made it easier, however, was the 51 Demi Vac I had recently restored.
Posted Image

The point is fine to extra-fine for editing and notes, and the balance is perfect when the cap is posted. As someone who normally doesn't post caps, when I grade research papers it sometimes becomes a problem because I carry the papers wherever I go (like a travel tourney for my son's team). With the demi, the cap is never at risk because it's right there on the pen! Also, if I'm not wearing a dress shirt, the demi size is more likely to fit in a shallow shirt pocket, or travel comfortably in a zippered jacket pocket or clipped to the collar of a t-shirt. And the normal girth makes it comfortable in the hand.

Too bad Parker only made this for such a short time!

Edited by ljwahl, 03 May 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

I grade with my Demi 51, too! Easy to flip open, easy to hide in a pocket, and one of the best writers I have for a smooth fine line.It does not, however, make my comments any more legible! Thankfully I only have eight final papers this semester, but am not gloating, because it all comes around.

#3 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Too bad Parker only made this for such a short time!

While I'm not much of a fan of the shorter variety, it's cool they exist for others that have a better use. If you like that size, it's fairly easy to find Aero Demi pens, if you don't mind them not being Vacs.

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#4 ljwahl

ljwahl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

I grade with my Demi 51, too! Easy to flip open, easy to hide in a pocket, and one of the best writers I have for a smooth fine line.It does not, however, make my comments any more legible! Thankfully I only have eight final papers this semester, but am not gloating, because it all comes around.

Glad you agree!

While I'm not much of a fan of the shorter variety, it's cool they exist for others that have a better use. If you like that size, it's fairly easy to find Aero Demi pens, if you don't mind them not being Vacs.

I'm usually not a fan, either, John, but for the use specified nothing beats it-- and while I have several aero demis, they don't work the same for me because of their slimmer girth.

#5 Parker Quink Turquoise

Parker Quink Turquoise

journeyman

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia,Canada

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

I do not grade with my two Canadian made Parker 51 vac pens,but do like them very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users