5 replies to this topic

#1 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationManila/Virginia/San Diego

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

watermans lie on the fringe of my collection--i must say that the few i have are very nice pens--but i couldn't resist this 1930s 301 that i found at the chicago pen show. the pen was in like-new condition, the nib was practically a wet noodle, and i couldn't complain about the price: $25 (found it in a 4-for $100 bin).

its coolest touch for me, however, was the feed. we've heard of two-tone nibs, but what about two-tone feeds? this feed mimicked the red-gray colors of the pen itself, and even had WATERMAN'S imprinted down the center stripe. nice touch ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Check out my pens here and my blog here.

#2 cedargirl

cedargirl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

Wow. Very neat.
Can you tell us anything about it?
------------------------
Claire

#3 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationManila/Virginia/San Diego

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

well, i was hoping someone could, which was why i made this post ;) any information will be welcome.
Check out my pens here and my blog here.

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

well, i was hoping someone could, which was why i made this post ;) any information will be welcome.

Hi,

Will have to pull some pens when home, but offhand this is a common-to-era style. I suspect mid-late 1930's. I have seen a bunch, but again offhand don't know if Waterman trumpeted any special features regarding it.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 jacksterp

jacksterp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

What a beauty. I know nothing of this pen (like most), but there is something about it that really appeals to me.

Looks like you prettied it up some. A real diamond in the rough!

#6 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have one of these, on a Waterman #7 Red Ripple pen - red nib. I figure it is a replacement, probably the two-tone was the closest to a ripple feed they could find. Picture isn't great, and the Waterman's name is mostly worn off.

Posted Image

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users