#41 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

How did I miss this thread???

was I that busy at work?

I am not sure why he was not banned from FPB after this.

Also take a read on FPGeeks.

http://fpgeeks.com/f...ngaged-in-fraud

#42 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

was I that busy at work?

Hi Rick,

Brandon will not be doing business on the Board anytime soon. But, he has been invited to comment on this thread, and that invitation remains open as does his core posting function . I would be fascinated to hear more of his views about pen business. This thread offers a fair bit of insight into an element of our hobby. Indeed, it might prove worthy of being the first pinned thread in the "elements of collecting" forum.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#43 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

was I that busy at work?

Hi Rick,

Brandon will not be doing business on the Board anytime soon. But, he has been invited to comment on this thread, and that invitation remains open as does his core posting function . I would be fascinated to hear more of his views about pen business. This thread offers a fair bit of insight into an element of our hobby. Indeed, it might prove worthy of being the first pinned thread in the "elements of collecting" forum.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#44 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

How did I miss this thread???.

Blind ? Too many after work whiskys? Cleaning the house? Taking the better half out to dinner? at the car show?....

Just thought I'd provide a few "better" excuses than "work"...
Hugh Cordingley

#45 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

Blind ? Too many after work whiskys? Cleaning the house? Taking the better half out to dinner? at the car show?....

no whiskeys for me, especially after the Philly Pen show. That actually ended my alcohol consumption. I have never been so sick. Really everyone should go to a pen show.

#46 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

no whiskeys for me, especially after the Philly Pen show. That actually ended my alcohol consumption. I have never been so sick. Really everyone should go to a pen show.

Don't worry, it's not permanent so you should survive and live to enjoy whiskey again...I had a similar experience with gin when a young fellow at boarding school....took 25 yrs but I now enjoy the odd G and T. Perhaps I should avoid pen shows....

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#47 pen piddler

pen piddler

journeyman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I also missed this for whatever reason. I've had my own experience with this guy. I recently put a Waterman overlay on ebay and "penmaney" sent me an offer. After we agreed to a price I changed my listing, corrected the price and added the "buy it now" option we agreed to. He "committed to buy" the pen, but never paid. After several lies about when he was going to pay, I asked ebay for assistance in cancelling the transaction. This all kept the pen tied up for almost a month.
As a result I decided to block "penmaney" from bidding on anything else I might list. I found only one other blocked bidder there when I got to my list of blocked bidders and it happened to be "brando090". I suspected they were one and the same, but could never verify it until now.

Thank you, George and Dan, for bringing this to light.

I did everything I said I'd do, Brandon. I kept my word, but yours is apparently worthless.

Bernard

#48 Pensee

Pensee

journeyman

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don´t think it´s a mental health issue, some people just think they smarter than the rest. And they can gain advange from it.

Am not so sure. Hypothetically speaking, if this was a case study for continuing education... Personality traits or alleged criminal behavior undertaken for gain and not accompanied by established patterns of behavior?

From what I've read here, and from some allegations posted about a year ago-- I suspect there's probably far more than meets the eye.

Has Conduct Disorder, Unspecified Onset (312.89) been ruled out?

Criteria A: Up to four people claim documentation for DSM-IV-TR criteria #11: "Often lies to obtain goods or favors or to avoid obligations (i.e. "cons' others)."

What else do we know?

Criteria B: "The disturbance in behavior causes clinically significant impairment in social, academic, or occupational functioning."

*If and only if* the individual has been banned from other html forums then impairment in social functioning appears present also.

Criteria C: The individual is younger than 18.

Allegations presented here support "yes" to this question.

---

So if I were taking a CE class, one of 2 schools of thought. In a perfect world, play it safe and code 799.9 - Diagnosis Deferred & also code V71.02 - Child or Adolescent Antisocial Behavior.

Real world & reimbursement. Agencies don't get paid for "V" codes. More realistic is "up-coding" to get paid: 312.9 - Disruptive Behavior Not Otherwise Specified

---

One person in this hypothetical case is the expert. The expert isn't me or even Dr. "I"

Five of 15 criteria in Section "A" for Conduct Disorder must be present & one must be present within the last 6 months. These 15 criteria include: Aggression to people or animals; Destruction of property; Deceitfulness or theft; Serious violations of rules.

Criteria for sections "B" & "C" appear to have been met. One criteria in section "A" appears to have been met within the last six months.

That leaves four in section "A" that haven't been answered.

That leaves one person-- the real expert for his or her own life-- to look up the other 14 criteria and ask: "Have I done any of these other things?"

If the answer is "yes" that leaves a final question.

"Should I talk to someone about this? A close friend? Parent or guardian? School counselor or trusted teacher?"

I hope if the answer to the criteria question is "yes" then the answer about talking to someone will also be "yes."

Conduct Disorder isn't some stuffy pscyho-babble to be taken lightly. It is also part of a set of criteria for a diagnosis that is far worse if left untreated.

Homework assignment for our hypothetical continuing education course: look up Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Extra Credit: find out success rates for treatment. For adults, the prognosis or "odds" for a successful outcome aren't good. Odds are, many adults with Antisocial Personality Disorder end up in prison.

--Bruce Bocquin, MA
Community Counseling
University of Texas at San Antonio, class of '08

---
References:

American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000

Edited by Pensee, 01 August 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#49 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

That's interesting, I've often thought he had a mental issue. I though somewhere in the autism spectrum only in that my wife has worked with a number in the classroom and I see similarities.
RegardsHugh
Hugh Cordingley

#50 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Leaves one wondering about parental (or ?) supervision.

#51 Beringsea

Beringsea

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Maybe he's only masquerading as a kid.

#52 Paul M

Paul M

journeyman

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I have kept out of this until now.

Brandon approached me some months back (just before this all blew up on here) wanting to purchase an assortment of pens. A price is agreed, and then he disappears.

Reputation is blown apart, I certain hear the warning bells, at which point some two months later he resumes email communication, still expressing an interest in the original items. I ignore the message.

Silence for another couple of months, then he emails again this week wanting to negotiate over other pens.

So what do we know? Certainly that he has not changed his ways, he is still out there looking for targets to dupe.

I have not and will not respond to him, email or on the boards. Seems to me there is a small group of three out there (Brandon, Awaybee, and Firebreakline) that serve no useful purpose to the pen collecting fraternity.

#53 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Good grief is this an over analysis? He is an opportunist trying to make quick money. Funny thing is he is not even a good con-man. Better than a stickup or shoplifting. Hell as a kid I was not the model citizen. As an adult I once found more than $20,000 in cash. Turned it in to the bank. No one would have ever known it was me with the money. I never got any "treatment" Most would agree that they can trust anything valuable with me and that I will not knowingly steal from you or commit calumny or detraction against you.
My wife is a criminal lawyer and she specialize in defending juveniles such as our young man is alleged. If you want to talk to her about juvvies stop by our table in Chicago in 2014 and get an earful of non-confidential stories.
I don't believe he has not yet committed an offense only attempted. I have only heard of attempts. BTW he tried with me more than once. Solution: contact his parents it is their responsibility just as my children were mine. Question; who is going to contact them? Not me certainly. As the saying goes it i none of my business particularly in the absence of hard evidence. My guess is he will one day succeed in one of his gambits and the offended will file charges. As a juvenile he won't get much, but if he is later charged as an adult he will need to take serious thoughts about spending time with the boys in a county lockup.
Jerry Adair Just a BS in History Class of 62 but a world full of experience.

#54 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

It looks as though our friend now is hunting razors. Of course, pricing appears to be his focus. And for one with plans to attend MIT, the subject line of his discussion is telling...

Have prices went up on vintage razors?

http://badgerandblad...-vintage-razors

Sigh...

-d

Posted Image

#55 pen piddler

pen piddler

journeyman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

It looks as though our friend now is hunting razors. Of course, pricing appears to be his focus. And for one with plans to attend MIT, the subject line of his discussion is telling...

Have prices went up on vintage razors?

http://badgerandblad...-vintage-razors

Sigh...

-d

It's still ALOUD. In fact, he's as loud as ever!

#56 Inkysloth

Inkysloth

journeyman

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Is anyone a member of Badger & Blade? Worth warning people over there of his antics?

Definitely now feel this guy should have been challenged through the official channels - maybe then he'd stop this.

And in response to people pondering Autism or mental illness, we don't have a full pucture of Brando to work this out. People with Autism can be very single minded, but generally aren't manipulative or deceitful. Tactless and blunt, maybe, but lying is unusual.
My prints and cards: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Inkysloth

#57 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

People with Autism can be very single minded, but generally aren't manipulative or deceitful. Tactless and blunt, maybe, but lying is unusual.

It's a very wide spectrum, I've seen all those traits unfortunately, although most improve with age. All I can say is Brandon's behavior isn't normal in the accepted sense whatever the reason/cause. And yes he should be "pulled" into line, no doubt about that.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#58 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

While the debates about Brandon's root causes for his behavior are minutely interesting, I think that's for authorities to determine once he's finally incarcerated. Unlike Jerry's wife I'm not trained in the law, but I'm pretty sure attempts to defraud people are still crimes, especially when there's a repeated pattern. Given that this is done over the internet, I would think this would be FBI territory instead of any local jurisdiction, true?

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#59 Old Griz

Old Griz

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHagerstown, MD

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Is anyone a member of Badger & Blade? Worth warning people over there of his antics?

Definitely now feel this guy should have been challenged through the official channels - maybe then he'd stop this.

And in response to people pondering Autism or mental illness, we don't have a full pucture of Brando to work this out. People with Autism can be very single minded, but generally aren't manipulative or deceitful. Tactless and blunt, maybe, but lying is unusual.

Don't need to be a member... there is a contact link for non members.
Tom
Posted Image
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#60 Beringsea

Beringsea

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Are girls allowed on B&B?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users