151 replies to this topic

#61 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

A few weeks ago, a guy on FPN, in the Waterman forum, started making wild claims, saying among other things that he had a collection with over 70 #58 Watermans. When asked for pictures, he made excuses. Finally, I pointed out that he was acting a bit like Brandon. FPN was informed and shut him down, partly because he had two accounts going. He was in the Waterman forum using "Penister" (which some people thought obscene) and he had already registered with Pen-Lover. He also sent PM's to a few people offering to trade some of his 58's for their pens.

Apparently, after some investigation, the consensus was that it indeed was Brandon again. If you want to be further amused by his antics, you can still read the thread, although it is locked. It is now on the third page of the Waterman forum, with the title of the topic being "58".

He certainly keeps on trying. Posted Image

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#62 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm not convinced that that was Brandon in the 58 thread. The posts lacked his distinctive grammar and orthography.

#63 Inkysloth

Inkysloth

journeyman

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm not convinced that that was Brandon in the 58 thread. The posts lacked his distinctive grammar and orthography.

Whoever it is, they've not logged in to FPN since they were called out in the Waterman thread.

If it is our old chum, he may be trying to disguise himself by writing differently. (Though also, if it's him, he doesn't have a sound enough grasp of English grammar to adapt his writing style well.)
My prints and cards: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Inkysloth

#64 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

It seems that he'll keep trying until he gets nailed by the authorities.

#65 Sir. Ebaysalot

Sir. Ebaysalot

journeyman

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMassapequa Park, NY

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

How many lying, Waterman loving, picture seeking, shameless scammers from Michigan could there possible be? I do agree with the other members that whomever Penister was, he may have been Brandon disguising his writing to appear as if he were someone else. Also, there were some posts written by Penister in which his/ her grammar was not perfect. See the thread below, in which Penister requested photos of vintage Waterman pens.

http://www.fountainp...st-six-decades/
http://www.fountainp...opic/249233-58/

Edited by Sir. Ebaysalot, 20 August 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#66 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Over on FPN there's a user named brandon8602 wanting to buy some specific pens. I have no reason to think that this might be the same Brandon, but... might anyone know? see http://www.fountainp...sport-bordeaux/

#67 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Any new Brandons will have a hard time starting out in this hobby, what with the legacy left by our would-be criminal ;)

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#68 Ron Z

Ron Z

Advisor

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Over on FPN there's a user named brandon8602 wanting to buy some specific pens. I have no reason to think that this might be the same Brandon, but... might anyone know? see http://www.fountainp...sport-bordeaux/

Dangerous to jump to conclusions. Look at his content. I think that this is a different Brandon - a Kaweco sport with or without a clip is a little below what the Brandon of infamy is usually looking for.:rolleyes:

Posted Image
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Visit Main Street Pens

The Blue Fingers Blog is live! Ramblings and musings (and occasional repair tips) from the bench.

#69 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

I VERY highly doubt it's the same Brandon. There's not even a single grammar mistake in his post. Zero grammatical errors in 5 sentences would be a record for Ol' Brando.

#70 Sir. Ebaysalot

Sir. Ebaysalot

journeyman

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

The only thing that Brandon has in common with Brandon Cifani is the fact the they live in the same state (Michigan). I would be questioning that member's identity if he stated that he was looking for........ a collection of Waterman 558's, silver taper and/ or overlay pens, etc. That member has been a member of the FPN for a while now, so I doubt very much that that Brandon is the same Brandon we all know and love.......Posted Image

#71 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Good to hear. Thanks.

#72 Ron Z

Ron Z

Advisor

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Very different IP addresses with very different service providers. Always good to check facts before jumping to conclusions.

Posted Image
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Visit Main Street Pens

The Blue Fingers Blog is live! Ramblings and musings (and occasional repair tips) from the bench.

#73 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

I didn't think that I was jumping to any conclusions... I merely enquired, stating "I have no reason to think that this might be the same Brandon" which I thought was sufficiently NOT jumping to any conclusions.

How did you go from an FPN userid to the user's last-used IP address?

#74 Sir. Ebaysalot

Sir. Ebaysalot

journeyman

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

I didn't think that I was jumping to any conclusions... I merely enquired, stating "I have no reason to think that this might be the same Brandon" which I thought was sufficiently NOT jumping to any conclusions.

How did you go from an FPN userid to the user's last-used IP address?

Ron could see that member's IP address because he's a Mod. over at the FPN.

#75 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

there is software out there that is easy to get, to bounce your IP address, so that it appears you are located elsewhere....

#76 Sir. Ebaysalot

Sir. Ebaysalot

journeyman

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Very different IP addresses with very different service providers. Always good to check facts before jumping to conclusions.

Hi Ron,
Do you happen to know if pen-lover/ penister happened to be Cifani?

#77 Sir. Ebaysalot

Sir. Ebaysalot

journeyman

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

I just found out that "Penister" as well as "Pen-Lover" were in fact usernames used by Brandon Cifani on the FPN. I had realized that the member "balson" had stated in the "58" thread that Penister had shared a link to his blog with him. Yesterday, I contacted balson to see what this link was. Today, he not only sent me the link (http://penspensandmo...s.blogspot.com/) but he told me that Penister had tried to sell him a Waterman 412 using the email address brandon15926@gmail.com. That email address is one that Brandon is known to use and that link brings you to a blog that Brandon Cifani owns. Brandon is either getting (very slightly) better at scamming people or he started to attend grammar school.

Edited by Sir. Ebaysalot, 27 August 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#78 Fred H

Fred H

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCarlisle PA USA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Content deleted. Contacted OP directly, instead.

Fred

Edited by Fred H, 03 September 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#79 Sir. Ebaysalot

Sir. Ebaysalot

journeyman

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

He's still trying to scam people, one of the members on the FPN saw my post about Cifani in the "Brandon is Back" thread and sent me this:

Hi,

After my post here (http://www.fountainp...randon-is-back/) I just wanted to send you some more informations about Brandon Cifani, that I hope, could be usefull to you and other people to avoid problems.

He bought me a pen on Ebay (with his new profile : reviewerjeff). As I didn't know who was hidding being, I didn't pay attention. He paid me the pen correctly, using a Paypal address at the name of Yvonne Cifani (yvonnecifani@yahoo.com) and after receiving the pen, claim for a refund, giving me different false informations (pen arrived broken, cap has unscrewed during travel and nib has been bend, pen hasn't been properly discribed, ...).
After a few hard exchanges of message (he had started a claim on Ebay and Paypal) he told me he was spannish and his real name was Brandeno Rudguro (!!!!!), and many other lies.
His postal address (where I sent the pen) is : 485 Lakes Edge Dr / Oxford, MI 48371-5226

He has stop his claim now (as I didn't want to refund him of course, and that I sent him the links towards the internet pages you made about his misdeeds, and told him I knew who he was).

I really think this boy is mad, ... insane, ... crazy.

Hope this can help you somehow.

regards,

#80 pen piddler

pen piddler

journeyman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

He's still trying to scam people, one of the members on the FPN saw my post about Cifani in the "Brandon is Back" thread and sent me this:

Hi,

After my post here ( http://www.fountainp...randon-is-back/) I just wanted to send you some more informations about Brandon Cifani, that I hope, could be usefull to you and other people to avoid problems.

He bought me a pen on Ebay (with his new profile : reviewerjeff). As I didn't know who was hidding being, I didn't pay attention. He paid me the pen correctly, using a Paypal address at the name of Yvonne Cifani (yvonnecifani@yahoo.com) and after receiving the pen, claim for a refund, giving me different false informations (pen arrived broken, cap has unscrewed during travel and nib has been bend, pen hasn't been properly discribed, ...).
After a few hard exchanges of message (he had started a claim on Ebay and Paypal) he told me he was spannish and his real name was Brandeno Rudguro (!!!!!), and many other lies.
His postal address (where I sent the pen) is : 485 Lakes Edge Dr / Oxford, MI 48371-5226

He has stop his claim now (as I didn't want to refund him of course, and that I sent him the links towards the internet pages you made about his misdeeds, and told him I knew who he was).

I really think this boy is mad, ... insane, ... crazy.

Hope this can help you somehow.

regards,

Thanks for adding this information. I've added "reviewerjeff" to my blocked bidders list as I've had issues with BC in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users