27 replies to this topic

#21 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

The big ebonized pearl Sheaffer looks like it has a wonderful color. So many of those are dark. I have no idea what that brown-striped thing next to it is, with the partly-black cap. It kind of looks Italian? :mellow:

Nifty blue and orange Weidlich, too!

Hi,

The OS Sheaffer Balance in Ebonized Pearl has amazingly good color. The Weidlich to my eye is blue/red. A high quality local (Ohio) pen, it is in truly superb, maybe mint, condition. I could not pass it up. Looks like candy.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#22 Shadow Wave

Shadow Wave

journeyman

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

1369090856[/url]' post='25484']
I suspect he means the brown striped pen with cap and barrel gold-tone bands, with a black portion at top of cap above the brown stripes.

This is part of what I tend to call the Moore "A" series which I suspect dates to the early 1940's. 1920's-30's pens carried numbers representing size, L-96, L-95, L-84 etc. The pen in question had the letter "A" after various sizes. Pens were marke 96-A, 94- A etc. Quite a range of colors can be found. Terry Brack managed to find info about the relatively scarce variants split-color caps (black at top, most often). He had posted this on our Gang-of-Five Pens thread. To fair degree I call 'em "A Series" as names are lacking. Thanks to Terry, we have at least one model name, Esquire.

Yes, that was the one. I should have recognized the striped plastic as being similar to Fingertips!

#23 Shadow Wave

Shadow Wave

journeyman

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

1369091026[/url]' post='25486']
The OS Sheaffer Balance in Ebonized Pearl has amazingly good color. The Weidlich to my eye is blue/red. A high quality local (Ohio) pen, it is in truly superb, maybe mint, condition. I could not pass it up. Looks like candy.

I'm sure you have a better view of the Weidlich's color than I. ;) Anyway, it is unusual and attractive, and I really like these uncommon makes.
At the far left on the same row there's a smaller pen with semi-arrow clip. I have a Weidlich with a similar clip...but not quite the same. Is this also a Weidlich?

#24 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Ok, that covers the Schell... what about the other pens? You don't want to keep them all, do you? hint hint, nudge nudge

#25 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Ok, that covers the Schell... what about the other pens? You don't want to keep them all, do you? hint hint, nudge nudge

Well... i do have this here website called Vacumania... ;)

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#26 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

Ouch. I flat out forgot that's the sales website!

#27 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Wow! Happy David and even more pleased viewers like me to see such great pens, in such great condition too!

Could I make a request David? A few photos of the special nibs on the Sheaffer's Snorkel pens? Being "kinda of" a nib guy, I would like to see what they look like okay?

Thank you!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.comn
www.gregminuskin.com

#28 pen piddler

pen piddler

journeyman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Wow! What a haul! What do you plan to do with the Schnell?

The Schell, an oversized Demonstrator, is the only Demo Schell I've (and many at the Chi show) have ever seen. A couple people there had previously seen one. That one is for my collection for- I hope- a long time to come.

Schells are not your typical ~1930 Combo. That though perhaps is a story for another day.

regards

david

Please do consider doing that story. Some of us would surely be interested!

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users