Photo

Welcome to "What's New in Your Life". PLEASE READ.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hi,

Welcome to FPB/FPnuts' latest forum, "What's New in Your LIfe".

We've probably been overdue for a forum of this sort, and I apologize for the delay in implementing it. Frankly, I've been ambivalent about introducing it. While message boards evolve somewhat as they will, this fresh FPB forum is not meant to be a Lounge/Jabber/Chatter center. Indeed, FPB was founded to offer a heavy focus on pen collecting, and while a general forum for anything off-topic might triple our post count in short order... post count, per se, really hasn't been the goal of this board. A single topic such as, "Would Palin have been better as President than Obama" no doubt would generate an engaged response.

Doesn't matter. Not the point of the Board.

We do have a nice group of collectors playing here. And, while I am somewhat cynical of the trumpeting of "community" by nearly anything on the internet that seeks eyeballs and post counts for their own sake, and while I don't want to see our post count ballooned by incessant threads brawling about random provocative elements of the real world , it does seem reasonable to have a place where those who play here can share the meaningful personal events... you know... the stuff that happens when not playing with old pens. My realization that no obvious place existed here even to show off my find of a semi-vintage Jaguar in superb shape, a car I'd wanted for 15 years, drove home that point ;)

So... if you have personal news or events to share, do offer it here. Happy or sad, serious or silly, this is the place. Graduations, non-pen purchases, weddings, passings, what have you.

I have no idea if this new forum will find favor, but it seems fair to offer it.

Please do not use this forum to engage in political and economic debate. I love political and economic debate, no joke. But this forum is not for that. Other pen boards do offer space for that. This is just for meaningful happenings in your own lives. Now, if you happen to have won political office, and wish to share... that will be just fine :)

regards

-David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users