#1 checkrail

checkrail

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire, Scotland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Generally I just put pens I am selling on eBay, but I have been struggling with this one to get an idea of what it might be worth, and if an auction is the best route, if I do decide to sell, which I haven't yet as it's a pretty little thing.
Any opinions on either point welcome.
Regards
Timothy

#2 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

I don't notice any links or photos. Any chance we can get a look at the pen?

#3 checkrail

checkrail

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

This is a bit of a technical breakthrough for me, though it looks like a technical disaster. The image in my new gallery album is a bit clearer, but I am as bad a photographer as I am putting pictures in posts: this is my first ever!
Regards
Timothy
Posted Image

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Thanks, that's a handsome pen, very nice color. I wish I had input on value, but I don't. You did fine with the photo.

#5 Paul M

Paul M

journeyman

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I think the Esterbrook 5L pens a rather uncommon, certainly do not surface on ebay very often.

In the picture the blue colour looks somewhat washed out, which I hope is only poor photography or a trick of the light. With good colouring I imagine this will fly well beyond the £100 mark regardless of who is selling it, possibly somewhere between £150 - £170 depending upon lister / listing quality.

There will be at least half a dozen bidders who I have dealt with before who I am sure will be seriously interested.

Go for it!

#6 checkrail

checkrail

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

I think the Esterbrook 5L pens a rather uncommon, certainly do not surface on ebay very often.

In the picture the blue colour looks somewhat washed out, which I hope is only poor photography or a trick of the light. With good colouring I imagine this will fly well beyond the £100 mark regardless of who is selling it, possibly somewhere between £150 - £170 depending upon lister / listing quality.

There will be at least half a dozen bidders who I have dealt with before who I am sure will be seriously interested.

Go for it!

Dear Paul
Thank you for that really useful information.
It is bluer than the picture and I shall really need to work on the photography. I try to make up for the rubbishy pictures on eBay by giving as detailed and accurate a written description as I can giving the small blemishes my pictures are not good enough to show.
I am probably still admiring the prettiness of the pen a little too much to list it right away, but I expect I shall in due course.
Kindest regards
Timothy

#7 checkrail

checkrail

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks, that's a handsome pen, very nice color. I wish I had input on value, but I don't. You did fine with the photo.

Dear Jon
Thank you for prompting me to put in a photo for the first time.
Kindest regards
Timothy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users