Photo

The Ohio 2013 Pen Hoard. Monster 51's and More...

Pen Hoard Vintage Pen Collection Parker 51 18k Presidential Parker 51 Presidential David Isaacson Pen Collection

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

I don't do much with Jotters (Parker's ballpoints), but this batch, along with a low tier Parker fountain pen, the 45, appealed to me.  All the following are 1964 World's Fair (NY) items. An original box indicates Parker was the fair's  official pen. Anyone recall the name of the fancy Jotters?  Is it Princess?

I like this shot. For those with smaller screens, you likely can magnify it by clicking on it.

parker_jottter_worlds_fair1200.jpg

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#22 Mike Kirk

Mike Kirk

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWixom, Michigan

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

Yes, Princess.

The red one is typically called the Special T-Ball and Pardner. Parker was a little loose in their early Jotter nomenclature, particularly with he ones we are all familiar.

Did you find a bunch of these Worlds Fair pens? Or just this group for your collection?

Edited by Mike Kirk, 08 December 2013 - 03:19 AM.

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]
Penfindum Restorum

Memberpca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png NAWCCLogo_zps4a922f0b.jpg

#23 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

Hi Mike,

I don't  collect Jotters and 45's, but I was charmed that the imaged pens were found together. My bad for not specifying, though the thread location somewhat implied, but- yeah- these were just five of the pens from the Janesville hoard.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#24 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

The box shown is for the red Jotter and does indicate the pen was of the  T-ball sort

regards

-d

Posted Image

#25 Beringsea

Beringsea

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

This brings back memories! Too bad I wasn't interested in fountain pens at the time of that Fair.

Awesome find all around.

Edited by Sailor Kenshin, 09 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#26 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

Agggh. This gets bad.  The  World's Fair pens above actually are from the Janesville hoard, not the Ohio hoard. I'm starting  to get mixed up ;)

-d

Posted Image

#27 djpens

djpens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

oh      i  feel the bug  biting      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

David, I have some friends who are part of a World's Fair memory group. I am sure they would love a photo of the pens and the box for the group. If you have an opportunity can I get one to share from you?

#29 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

David, I have some friends who are part of a World's Fair memory group. I am sure they would love a photo of the pens and the box for the group. If you have an opportunity can I get one to share from you?

Of course...

-d

Posted Image

#30 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

This would be a facebook group so it will get around. Do you want me to use the photo in the thread or would it be best for a photo with copyright and other information.

#31 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

If you can give me a few days (I'm wrapping up the night work in couple days), I will get you one with a gentle copyright on it.

best regards

d

Posted Image

#32 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

terrific, i will be glad to wait.

#33 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

David,

If there is one pen I would like to have, and I only own 2 that were gifts to me, would be the Wahl Coronet pen. I have the pencil, but never had the pen.

I don't normally covet pens as you know, but that one, well, that is the one for me! For now, I will be happy with the two pens I received as gifts.

Some day!

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users