#1 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTauranga, New Zealand

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hi

After hunting for a couple of years I have now acquired a Wateman's Hundred Year Pen - standard model, translucent red and made in Canda.

You can see the photo in my gallery (Innes' Pens).   The photo doesn't do justice to the translucent which is better to the naked eye.

The pen is in need of a restoration but before heading down that track I am trying to establish where it may sit in the pricing arena for these pens as I am sure it has a higher value than the $50 paid.

Thanks

Innes

Attached Files

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Hi,

Nice find. What size?  Looks not to be oversized, but I'm not certain if standard or slender.  Looks to be early-ish, not first year, but 1941-2 or so. Acrylic rather than the later Celluloid, iirc.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hi,

Nice find. What size?  Looks not to be oversized, but I'm not certain if standard or slender.  Looks to be early-ish, not first year, but 1941-2 or so. Acrylic rather than the later Celluloid, iirc.

regards

david

David

130mm capped - pretty sure it is the standard size.  Value?

Innes

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

If clean, $225-275 retail.

Hey, do consider loading  the image to GALLERY. Then the BBC code can  be pasted into text and image will appear at full size. Too, you won't have to delete it to load more images directly to the posts, as there is much less restriction in GALLERY on stored file sizes.

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

If clean, $225-275 retail.

Hey, do consider loading  the image to GALLERY. Then the BBC code can  be pasted into text and image will appear at full size. Too, you won't have to delete it to load more images directly to the posts, as there is much less restriction in GALLERY on stored file sizes.

regards

d

The photo is in the gallery but was ubable to find the BBC code link.   Things looked a little different to when I was in the last.

#6 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Nice pen, great purchase !

#7 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

The photo is in the gallery but was ubable to find the BBC code link.   Things looked a little different to when I was in the last.

Things have changed a bit recently with new website software.  To see the BBC code, go to gallery, bring up the picture you want to add to your post, click on "options" in the black box at upper right, click on "share links" from the drop-down menu, the BBC code will be at the top of the box that pops up.  You can then just copy it into your post. 

Nice pen, BTW!

Edited by Procyon, 08 December 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#8 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

Things have changed a bit recently with new website software.  To see the BBC code, go to gallery, bring up the picture you want to add to your post, click on "options" in the black box at upper right, click on "share links" from the drop-down menu, the BBC code will be at the top of the box that pops up.  You can then just copy it into your post. 

Nice pen, BTW!

gallery_12729_167_17331.jpg

Let's see if that works?

#9 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Nice pen, BTW!

Many thanks for the update - got it now sorted

Innes

#10 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

When cleaning the nib and section I see the feed is the Waterman ripple colour rather than the normal black. 

With the pen being translucent red it seems to be a logical fit.   Is this correct or perhaps a later change?

Innes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users