183 replies to this topic

#141 djohannsen

djohannsen

journeyman

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

I wanted to show you another incomplete Pelikan 100 mini-collection since there are some different pieces, and I also wanted to share an Orion (German-Danish) pen mini-collection. I hope you will enjoy it…

Certainly I did enjoy it!  I've always been interested in early HR pens from the Amereican Midwest, so should probably get educated a bit before plunging into vintage Pelikan, but your collection further piques my interest.  Thank you for sharing.

Dave

#142 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationConfoederatio Helvetica

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

I love Pelikan although it is too small for me to write with it but when I saw the great Christof collection I wanted to show you another incomplete Pelikan 100 mini-collection since there are some different pieces, and I also wanted to share an Orion (German-Danish) pen mini-collection. I hope you will enjoy it…

What a collection of Pelikan! (...impossible to compete.)

Never heard of Orion - amazing world of pens!

C.

#143 AZuniga

AZuniga

journeyman

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

I love Pelikan although it is too small for me to write with it but when I saw the great Christof collection I wanted to show you another incomplete Pelikan 100 mini-collection since there are some different pieces, and I also wanted to share an Orion (German-Danish) pen mini-collection. I hope you will enjoy it…

What a collection of Pelikan! (...impossible to compete.)

Never heard of Orion - amazing world of pens!

C.

Christof,

I should say it is not impossible to compete, but impossible to complete ... When you think you have got them, something else is there and surprise you !

There is some information about Orion in the Montblanc in Denmark book, at least a good beginning...

Best

ps. And thank you all for the enthusiastic comments ...

Edited by AZuniga, 23 August 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#144 BamaPen

BamaPen

journeyman

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

About two years ago I came across a Charles H. Ingersoll "Dollar Pen" and was intrigued by its clever design, intended to keep the retail price low but including a 14K nib.  A little research showed me that there were three generations of Ingersoll pens: the original all-metal pen, the brief fling with celluloid, and the bakelite family.  I decided to try to acquire one of each.

As such things happen, I have more than one of each, but still just a small assortment.  I don't intend to acquire more.  I think this qualifies as a mini collection.

Left to right in the picture below:

• All metal screw cap ringtop with chevron chasing.
  • All metal screw cap pocket pen with straight line chasing.
  • All metal screw cap pocket pen with checkerboard chasing.  This pen still has the original sticker and is turned so that you can see the unique Ingersoll clip design.
  • All metal bayonet cap pocket pen with checkerboard chasing.  Notice the L shaped outdent at the cap lip.  The cap was secured by pushing this bayonet channel onto a nub on the barrel, then turning to lock it in place.  I believe this pen is older production than the three screw cap versions.  This is the pen that started the mini collection.
  • Oversize Chinese Red celluloid pocket pen.  Notice the black blind cap at the end of the barrel.  This cap concealed the twist filler knob.
  • Standard size Black celluloid pocket pen.  Notice that this smaller pen does not have the blind cap of the oversize pen, so the blind cap must have been an upscale feature.
  • Oversize Cardinal Red Bakelite pocket pen.  This pen has a smooth twist filler knob rather than the cast metal style described by other collectors.

ingersolls.jpg

#145 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

The current state of my medium width smooth band Debutante Vacs.  Just need the black pencil and the blue pen.

20747363738_9d318b82ab_h.jpg

#146 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

Finally...

...I was able to complete my mini collection of Parker "51" Vacumatic Double Jewel. Now, I have all the colors:

21858892876_c8ec6750d4_k.jpg

I know that for some of you this is nothing breathtaking, but for me (and my collection) it's a mile stone.

Now, looking for the missing Aerometric colors...will take another 3 years.

C.

#147 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

Very nice :)

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#148 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

Christof, that's great! Congrats!
What colors of Aerometric do you still need? I have a plum available if you want to send me a PM.

#149 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

Thank you David and Bryan.
...and of course, Plum is missing. You've got a PM.
C.

#150 alfredop

alfredop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

Here there is my mini collection of Waterma Le man 100:

02f99ca0-6024-4222-bd53-43bd246112ed_zps

Alfredo

#151 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

A mini - mini collection of Parkers from the 70's/80's with funny nibs ...

27184637650_766b38c5c5_b.jpg

C.

#152 RickB

RickB

journeyman

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

Still resorting the Parkette Deluxes in the vain hope of finding a comprehensive mini collection.  This one is closest - gray and green with four different trims, but still hunting for one with the faceted clip and the metal trim.  A pen version of the faceted/metal ring variety would be nice too.

med_gallery_12868_251_330301.jpg

#153 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:12 PM

Rick, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this pen exists:

26459210044_4c524c0d48_k.jpg

I think these were almost entirely unknown to the hobby until this year.

#154 RickB

RickB

journeyman

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

You're right, I should be including this when I talk about "comprehensive".  For whatever reason the ring top items just don't stick in my head aesthetically speaking but there is a grey and a green one.  So are there ones with the metal end cap rings too?

#155 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:12 PM

I don't know if there are ring tops with metal end cap rings.  Ring tops aren't found in any of the documentation that's turned up so far.

#156 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

Here comes another mini collection of mine. Although, the original project was a bit different…

I wanted to reconstruct this pamphlet/leaflet as a photography with real pens. But the plan failed. I did not find an original leaflet (as background) and not all the needed pencils.

26444614013_f00cf6dcbc_o.jpg

But here is what I have done:

27693640115_63a2e13f99_o.jpg

I only got the Senior pencil. The picture of the Junior pencil is just scaled down to the right size.

But instead of the pencils, I added a Duofold Special and a Senior Deskpen which are much more interesting than the pencils in my eyes. And I turned the background into a chamois color to fit the original leaflet.

All in all, I am quite happy with the pic. What do you think?

C.

#157 RickB

RickB

journeyman

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:50 AM

I think it's a worthy pursuit - don't give up hope.  Those all-metal ones in the middle are especially intriguing.

#158 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:23 AM

Here comes an up dated picture of my mini collection of Pelikan 100N/101N:

27340238493_2d5bf19332_b.jpg

C.

#159 AZuniga

AZuniga

journeyman

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Mini collection of the Soennecken produced from 1947 ... 6 model 111, 2 model 1, 5 model 222 and 1 model 333 (last right)

gallery_3716_544_168366.jpg

#160 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:13 AM

Now this is a selection! Not mini at all...
Are these all restored? Lots of work...
Great as always, Ariel. These celluloids are fantastic.
C.

Edited by Christof Z, 01 July 2016 - 04:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users