3 replies to this topic

#1 colonelz

colonelz

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Hello from Jackson, Mississippi.  I have been collecting fountain pens off and on for about 20 years and enjoyed reading about, researching, and collecting - er.....make that hoarding them.   I lost a good portion of my collection during Hurricane Katrina (lived on Lake Ponchartrain in Slidell, Louisana at that time), but now have rebuilt a nice collection, especially of Viscontis, Stipulas, Omas's, and Pelikans.  Jackson, Mississippi had a very nice brick and mortar store (Mississippi Pen and Ink), but the owner retired and left me nowhere to go to talk fountain pens.

Recently, however, my interests have changed and I will be evaluating this obsession with others and adjust accordingly.  I have a couple of dollar intensive other interests which are seriously competing for scarce dollars - so we'll see what happens. I'll probably just adjust and limit my fountain pen collecting to a certain brand or certain type and do much the same with my other obsessions.

Anyway, it's great to be a member of this forum!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

#2 Saleem ali

Saleem ali

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Welcome friend , i would like to see some pictures of  your collection , hope you you will give us this opportunity.saleem

#3 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Welcome and great to see you on this site!

You will find the folks here at the FP Board really fun, knowledgable and down right the best in the business/collecting hobby. David, our fearless leader, is quite the fountain of knowledge but there are others who are equally as knowledgable and willing to give you a helping hand too. This is a very friendly site; I have noticed that for the most part, people here check their egos at the door, very refreshing       ;)

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com 

#4 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Welcome to the Board !

0 user(s) are reading this topic