1 reply to this topic

#1 vance

vance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDorchester-by-the-Sea, MA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I depend on that old nerdy staple, the plastic pocket protector, to keep my shirts and jackets safe from the perils of the capillary action we all love when writing with fountain pens. A combination of vintage plastics that sometimes loosen screw caps, body motion, and certain very permanent inks have resulted in a few fatally damaged shirts and one near miss with an expensive sport jacket.

I’ve been buying pocket protectors over the years from an online seller at pocketprotectors.com, and have been quite satisfied, with one exception: they only make models for shirt pockets, with nothing long enough for a jacket. Think about it: long pens only make sense to carry in jacket-depth pockets, and they’d stick out too far from a shirt-sized one for the clips to grab both the edge of the protector and that of the pocket to keep them in place. So, I’ve been communicating with the owner of the business to see if he could make a longer version. He’s willing to do it if his fixed costs could be covered, and for that reason I’m soliciting the response of “the community” to see whether there would be enough of a market.

So, who else out there would pick up some of these puppies if they were available? His current pricing for the short models is $3.50-ish apiece (they seem to last quite a while), so at a guess, if he charged in keeping with that, a long one might cost $5.00 or so (I have no firm information on what he would ask for them). I have no connection to this company other than as a customer.

Thanks,
Vance

#2 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

haha, back in the 7th grade, we had to do a school project making a TV commercial. my groups was "Pixie Pocket Protectors" what memories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users