Photo

Montblanc 146 FP. Identifying date of manufacture.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 talkinghead

talkinghead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

Later 70's early 80's #146....

There are nuances that will guide you....

I would agree that 1) The excellent FPN thread on MB #149 Dating is, well , just a guide.. the dates are estimate/range. People get too caught up in the the exact year..

2) The pinned post at FPN on #146 "dating" (that was linked earlier in this thread) is also excellent, however would agree with another poster here that the post 1970's dating is incomplete. I had emailed the author of that thread at the time and offered opinions and evidence of incompleteness, but never got a response. I have physical evidence a pen that fills a short blank in the time frame...also there is the "controversy of the "transitional" model....I have posted in other threads on other forums about this also and I believe it to to a prototype versus a mass produced "transitional".

Long ago, Dr. Isaacson would play spirited games of "what I am thinking"....with photo teasers etc...very fun and informative (don't frequent boards as much any longer so not sure David you still do that!). Last Spring, on another board, I took the liberty to play such a game in Dr. I's honor....and it had to do with #146 dating to some extent....

Here is the link , (if it's ok to link to another forum/board)..the good stuff starts at the bottom of the first page of that thread...

http://fpgeeks.com/f...ntblanc-on-eBay

Also another discussion of the "transition" #146 model...lol some of the posters in this current thread commented there also..ie Idazle   :ph34r:

http://www.fountainp...ere-mb146-nibs/

Cheers,

Rick

Ps...Mods...if it is impolite to link to competing boards, I apologize and kindly delete my post!

#22 entertainment

entertainment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

Here are some pictures of the nib and section of what I would call the 1970s model with the 14C nib and the slightly different collar (as opposed to the 1980s model with a 14K nib and tapered collar).  These show up on ebay with some frequency.:

gallery_18036_240_8286.jpg

gallery_18036_240_2534.jpg

Edited by entertainment, 22 February 2016 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users