• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

Fountain Pen Board (FPnuts.com) now has been set to the default skin, "Club", featuring warm tones and indeed something of a "vintage" flavor. The original plan was to pin a skin to the board, with occasional switches for special occasions.

But, no. With the flood of nice skins arriving, several will be offered most times for member selection. Just go to the bottom of any forum page and pick a skin from the list. Occasionally (as with July 4 weekend just finished) a special theme skin still will be pinned.

If you find the board resetting to prior skin, just log out then log back in, which should solve the problem.

CLUB, STONE, SALIENT and BLUE STEEL are clean legible skins. ZEN DRAGONFLY and ARIUM are a bit... fluffier. The basic IPB blue/white skin also is available, offering a bland generic look, but more real estate for posts.

Note that some use more screen space to frame the board than do others.

Others will arrive during the year to come.

I am fond of Club and Stone.

Try 'em out. :)

Below is a peek at current skins (July 2010)

Posted Image

#2 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

"Blue Steel" - Wasn't that "the look" that Ben Stiller used in the movie "Zoolander"?

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

What happen to these?

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

What happen to these?

Probably July 4th week

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

What do you mean? Are these skins still available, though that post is from last year?

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

What do you mean? Are these skins still available, though that post is from last year?

July 4 Skin tends to be locked in for a week or two around J-4. After that the usual skin options return.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#7 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

David,

I figured that, and i learned to change it at the bottom. What my original post was, was about the above skins... stone, club, blue steel,etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users