3 replies to this topic

#1 Bullfighter

Bullfighter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMorton Grove Illinois

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Having been in the pen community and dealing with many different sellers, repair and restorers and other collectors in general, I never would've thought that there would be people among us who are not what you'd call "reputable." I have been dealing with one such person for a while now and have suddenly found myself out $75.00 and four beautiful collector quality pens that I sent to him for some work to be done. Among them two flat tops from the 1920s. He refuses to answer my emails, will not give me a tracking number for what he has supposedly shipped and has seemingly disappeared. Needless to say I am PISSED!!

Everything will be all right in the end.

If it is not alright, it is not yet the end.

#2 Widget

Widget

journeyman

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

How long have you been waiting for a reply?  If it's an unreasonable length of time naming and shaming might be in order.  Many people (even the honest ones) can be slow to answer if their reputation precedes them.  If you genuinely feel there is an attempt to defraud it is a criminal offence and should be reported.  I find it hard to believe that anyone with a reputation to uphold would keep your pens knowingly.

#3 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

While I can feel the heat given off by the irritation, the OP doesn't have enough concrete information to really give any feedback. How about a bit of dispassionate telling of the details, including how many items, when mailed to said person, length of time, communication prior to shut-off, etc.

As much as we all like to bang on the table, sometimes things happen. This may be one of them. (Hopefully!)

#4 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

As Jon Szanto said details are key - has there been any dispute at all prior to this ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users