2 replies to this topic

#1 gweddig

gweddig

journeyman

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Ususally when someone says they have some pens for me they forget, bring me an advertising ballpoint or a "novelty" pen. I have learned to accept that.  A few weeks ago a family friend was telling me aobut his uncle who ran a jewelery shop that dated back into the 1930s. After they shut down he helped to clean it out and kept the pens.

When he showed up with a good size box, my heart started racing in anticipation. That was quickly tempered when I saw that it was primarily Waterman Taperites. Nice looking, fragile, hard to fix pens with generally great nibs. Good with the bad right?

On the right are two nonames with Warranted 14k nibs in Sheaffer boxes.  Some Fineline nibs and accesories and two full bottles of ink.

gallery_16310_207_22948.jpg

Then there is this tool set, which I don't think is pen related but wanted to confirm...it does say "Triumph" on it. Can't imagine what it would be used for on a pen.  Any ideas?

gallery_16310_207_262717.jpg

gallery_16310_207_29324.jpg

Thanks,

--greg

#2 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Pretty cool haul, Greg. The tool is intriguing! I got hooked (a bit) on Taperites courtesy of an article by Paul Erano, but they are, indeed, a bit of a PITA to work on. Section removal? Not an immensely high success rate! :)

#3 gweddig

gweddig

journeyman

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Thanks Jon,

Of the three pens, one section is frozen solid, one cracked the barrel and one came right out. Want to guess which one came right out? Yep, the pen with the crystalized barrel end.

At least I have some ink to play with.

--greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users