• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard

Richard

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

I don't make a point of collecting demonstrators, and I really don't have very many, but this one stepped up and bopped me on the nose and said, "Buy me!" How could I refuse such an offer from a Waterman C/F demonstrator — especially one that came to me from the son of Waterman's head of development in Canada?

cf_demo_capped.jpg
cf_demo.jpg

The trim apron on the section shows a little corrosion around the nib because the pen was actually used. (The cart that's in the pen had the remains of Waterman blue ink in it.) This is not a problem.   :)

signature_richard.png

Click to send emailrichard@richardspens.com

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

Geez. Even with all the pens I've shot, I've not handled a C/F Demo...

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 gweddig

gweddig

journeyman

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

I picked up one of these a few months ago and there is quite a bit more engineering to them than I expected.  I never found the ball bearings that I understood were part of the section end.  Either they weren't there in the first place or they were lost by someone else.

Is white the actual color of that cartridge?  Mine was translucent, much like todays carts.

Thanks for posting the beautiful pen!

--greg

#4 Richard

Richard

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

I picked up one of these a few months ago and there is quite a bit more engineering to them than I expected.  I never found the ball bearings that I understood were part of the section end.  Either they weren't there in the first place or they were lost by someone else.

Is white the actual color of that cartridge?  Mine was translucent, much like todays carts.

The ball bearings were eliminated after a couple of years. When they were there, they were in notches in the section where the pimples on the clutch ring are located; thus, they fitted into the insides of the pimples (the dimpled side) to provide backing strength, with the effect of making the cap closure more solid.

The cart is translucent; I shoot against a white background.

signature_richard.png

Click to send emailrichard@richardspens.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users