I have two mystery pens that I am having a hard time identifying:
1. Steel flighter model: has a ring around the cap base, similar to a parker 61 fountain pen. However, the cap end does not have a jewel - it is a thick brass/gold appearing end cap, with a conical top. Marked: Made in England at the base of the cap.
2. Red plastic pen: NO ring around the cap base. The end cap metal part above the clip is not as conical, NOR as thick at the top. The arrow clip appears the same as the other pen. Marked "INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA" at the base of the cap.
The pens are roughly the same length (steel one is a few millimeters longer)
The caps are not interchangeable.
Ideas I have received from others:
1. The clip from the red pen looks like a Parker 61. But it does not have a end jewel.
2. Someone mentioned late model Parker 45s made in Argentina just transposed the clip style to the 45 body - however, when I tried to fit this cap onto a Parker 45 I have, it did not fit.
3. Parker 65? pen possibility for the steel flighter
Edited by ckent007, 17 April 2014 - 10:39 PM.