• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paul M

Paul M

journeyman

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

over the last few weeks i have made a few unusual finds in a local flea market here in the Uk. First up was a black doric with a good 7 adjustable nib. (That was passed on to someone in the US who might be able to make use of it). Next was a well worn Sheaffer Balance oversize set (now listed on ebay as I cannot see me ever needing this as a donor pen).

Lastly is this Wahl. I am not sure of the model, but it has a nice flex nib and an attractive chased pattern. Unfortunately the cap is damaged, and as I would like to add this to the pens I use regularly, I need to source a replacement. To start my search, can anyone provide a model name for this?

thanks

Paul

wahl1_zpsae95e20f.jpg

wahlcap1_zps84513abe.jpg

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

Hi Paul,

My Wahl catalogues are home, and I am not, but this looks to be a mid 1920's sort. Believe that model names were not offered, but there likely is a catalogue description at least. We can take this up in couple weeks if no one answers. I suspect this will be a tough cap to find, given the pattern.  What size nib?  2, 4  or 6?

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

Depending on nib size, a model similar to your Dart pattern pen be found on page 34 of the 1926 Wahl Eversharp catalog in the PCA Library. 722, 742, or 762AZRC.

#4 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

Might well be easier having a new cap lip spliced in, with the join hidden under the cap band.

#5 Paul M

Paul M

journeyman

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the responses .

The pen is fitted with a Eversharp No 4 14ct nib, which I think is fine and flexi

David, if I cannot source a replacement I may well have a bash at taking up your suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users