2 replies to this topic

#1 RayCornett

RayCornett

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

I have only a little information on this pen. There is a 4 on the nib which I assume means it is a #4 nib.

I heard it was a sub brand of Wahl but had assumed it would have the Wahl name on it somewhere. I would be interested in more information on the Monitor pen line and the history on how it stemmed from Wahl.

Attached Files

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hi Ray,

Yes, Monitor is either a sub-brand or rebadged Wahl-Eversharp. Wahls have been rebadged for the Gregg and Palmer writing schools. Another Wahl sub-brand-- or was it a rebadge-- is Olympia.

The Monitors tend to have a low-end flavor, though I've seen some that appear to derive from some known Wahl-Oxfords.  I'll have to dig up a few I have lying about for a photo shoot.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 RayCornett

RayCornett

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Thanks! I have to do better shots of it and the others I received yesterday as well. All need some sort of minor or major repair. I just snapped that image with my cell phone as soon as I saw it. Interesting how some of the cheaper pens can be the most beautiful and decorative.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monitor, Wahl, Graffiti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users