2 replies to this topic

#1 MxMJ

MxMJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

Link to Album

Here is a list of the pens and some questions, though maybe some of these pens deserve their own threads in the brand specific forums.

1. Wahl Eversharp Equipoise? not 100% sure because there is no gold seal
  2. Wahl Eversharp Doric - 2nd Gen (Airliner?) I was pretty disappointed when I got this, there is a big crack running through the body's ink window and threads. The inner section is fine though so maybe I can have it repaired?
  3. Conklin Student Nozac (I think)
  4. Conklin Nozac Emerald Green V-Line - unfortunately the piston is seized
  5. Sheaffer Balance - Marine Green. Rather uncommon variant, I'll let you guess. I'm no Balance collector but I recognized this one. Someone is probably not very happy with me (possibly someone on this board? If so, sorry-not-sorry) It came up as a BIN/best offer on eBay, I put in an offer and waited a few minutes. Then I saw someone else had made an offer after me and I immediately went and paid full price (still quite a bargain).
  6. Sheaffer Jr Balance - wide milled cap band
  7. Waterman 52 1/2v - Clip Cap, not sure the cap started on this pen.
  8. Parker Streamlined Duofold - Bandless
  9. Esterbrook Twist Filler - Not as nice as the last one I got but it was much cheaper :)
  10. Abraham & Strauss Bulb Filler - No other markings, seems to be pretty well made and has a nice 14k nib. Abraham & Strauss was a New York area department store.
  11. Epenco - Grey WASP Screamer plastic
  12. WASP Vacuum-Fil Twist Filler - possibly the ugliest one I have ever seen, at one point it was red.
  13. Diamond Point Deluxe - Parker Golden Web plastic

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hi,

Pen 1:  If it has a Wahl-Evesharp clip (there is also a lower-line Wahl-Oxford variant), it indeed is an Equi-Poised, what in retrospect can be called Type 4 by one schema, but which in any case is well documented in a known 1932 Wahl catalogue. It is the only documented non-Gold Seal series called Equi-Poised by Wahl. All of this sort are slender pens, found a:  Long, with Side Clip, b: Medium (short) either ringtop or "clasp" (short clip) and c: Purse Pen (extra short, with clasp).   Nice find.

Pen 2: Yep.. A Doric. Garnet Shell color. No "airliner".

Pen 5: Indeed appears to be a most uncommon variant. If without cracks I'd be interested. And, no, I had not spotted this pen earlier, though I have one similar.

Pen 11: Would appeal to me, to add to my "world' most comprehensive Screamer" collection.  I have the Eagle in green, but not gray.

Pen 12:  You beat me to it, but I would have suggested had you not, that these "copper" pens probably started red.

Pen 13; I've shot Diamond Point (non-Parker) in Royal Challenger plastic and have photographed Royal Challenger plastic.

Great finds.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 MxMJ

MxMJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for the information!

#1 Does have the Wahl Eversharp clip, guess its an Equi-Poised!

#5 No cracks and the only brassing is to the clip ball, the cap has developed some transparency though, shoot me a PM if you are interested in it. I might be convinced.

#11 The Epenco I will probably keep. I think I paid about what it is worth and I have a little WASP collection going.

#12 The parts that were covered up by the cap are still solidly red, it looks like it would have been attractive pen before it discolored.

#13 I really like 3rd tier pens with cool plastic, so long as they are decently made

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users