• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatM

PatM

journeyman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

A good friend recently asked me about Imperials and Imperial era demonstrators, having seen one on Gary's great Targa (and much more) site.  As is usual for me, that caused a couple days of sorting through things until I uncovered the slotter box with 1950s and later demos.  This picture shows most of what was in the box.

The two pens on the left are Sheaffer's TDs with dolphin nibs.  The picture may not do the second pen justice but it is a demonstrator nib.

The blue pen is a Lifetime cartridge pen with a Skrip Converter and a dolphin demonstrator nib.

The next two are Sheaffer's demo pencils, the second of which still has the tag from the Harry Bouras auction held on April 25, 1994 (which I did not attend). The second TD demo from the left was sold at that auction as a set with this tagged pencil at the price of $517.50, including a 15% buyer's premium.

The third pencil appears to be a Snorkel demo.

And the last three are ballpoint demos.

I'm going to keep sorting through things looking for more, and hope this thread causes more demonstrators to be uncovered.

Best,

Pat

gallery_209_48_814845.jpg

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Ooooh. I like that offering. :)

When home in couple weeks, I shall have to offer  a shot of some of my Sheaffer Demos in similar arrangement.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users