Photo

Boston's Back!!! Sunday, September 28th!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dwattsjr

dwattsjr

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWakefield, Massachusetts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

For everyone who has been wondering, there will be a pen show in Boston in 2014 – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH to be exact! The new Commonwealth Pen Show will be open to the public from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm at the Holiday Inn Somerville (30 Washington Street, Somerville, MA). A familiar venue for some who have attended past pen shows in Boston, the show will be in the new ballroom in the hotel, and as before, there is free parking.

Several famous Pen, Calligraphy,  and Ink Personalities will likely be there. Vintage and Modern pens for all budgets, paper, ink, journals, supplies, refills, on-site repair and nib tuning, and lots more — all for a low, low admission fee.

There are a very limited number of tables still available for anyone who would like to be an exhibitor/dealer at the show.

To book a table, please send an email message to Jim Baer at pen.repair@verizon.net. Questions about the show? Send an email message to David Watts, Jr. at dwattsjr@bostonpenpeople.org.

Spread the word – the Commonwealth Pen Show is coming!

#2 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

journeyman

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Nice.  Looking forward to it.

Edited by Mike Hosea, 13 August 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#3 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Glad to see it back.  Are the good offices of Jim B and Andy B involved?

When I lived in Rhode Island we started a club called the Commonwealth Pen Club,  members of notoriety included Pier Gustafson, Frank Dubiel, John Vale, Rob Morrison, Tom Hansen, Dan MacNamara, Peter Markman, and a host of others.  How did it become Boston Pen People?  Just wondering.

Jerry

#4 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

Jerry, from what I understand, the Commonwealth Pen Club slowed down to the point that when a bunch of newer Boston area collectors decided to start holding meetings, they weren't even aware that a club already existed.

#5 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

Jerry, from what I understand, the Commonwealth Pen Club slowed down to the point that when a bunch of newer Boston area collectors decided to start holding meetings, they weren't even aware that a club already existed.

Unfortunately a meaningful subset of "slowed down" is  "passed on". Dan, Frank and I believe John Vale no longer are with us :(

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#6 dwattsjr

dwattsjr

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWakefield, Massachusetts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

Long story short, Boston Pen People was started by Krysta Chauncey-Allen and several others about a decade ago. To anyone's knowledge at the time the original Commonwealth Pen Club had not existed for some time. Jim Baer and myself primarily organize meetings and maintain the Web site. Anyone interested in Boston Pen People can follow us on our Web site - www.bostonpenpeople.org.

Details on the upcoming pen show will be added to the Commonwealth Pen Show page on the Web site as they become available.

#7 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

OK, so its on Sunday, and the Dallas Show is on Friday and Saturday. I need to see if I can change my ticket from Dallas to arrive in Boston.

With this show, Colorado, Toronto, and San Francisco joining Dallas, Columbus, and Michigan, this is shaping up to be a busy pen show fall.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#8 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

ugh, I wish I could get to one more this year....

with the baby due date near.... I might be home bound until Philly 2015......

Boston would have been a possibility, if ti were not for, well... 

anyway, you all have fun! 

#9 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

I switched around my out of town work schedule. I will be at the show.

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#10 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Flying in Saturday night from the Dallas Show, staying at my brother's house before taking in the Sunday show and afterwards taking the train to Saco to stay with my parents for a few days.

How can a weekend possibly get any better than that?

Edited by marcshiman, 06 September 2014 - 02:42 AM.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#11 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

Hmmm. I'm driving. Maybe I can bring some of the italian pens, Omas LE's and such.

-d

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users