#1 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

Addm: Rare Thread Edit by Ye Olde Admin following request by OP to remove dialogue prompted by his first post:

Posts addressing the question about using GALLERY at FPB to host and post photos will be preserved.

Edited by Admin, 22 August 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#2 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Fianchetto,

I will be glad to help you post pictures, if I can.  I have posted quite a few here.  I usually start by reducing the size of the picture to about 800 or 1000 pixels wide.  It's mostly width that matters for viewing.  I use photoshop, but you can also use gimp 2, which is free software.  You probably don't really need to do this step, as the board software will maybe shrink it down anyway.  In any case, the picture is saved on your computer to start.

The software for the board has changed a little bit, so it can be a little confusing to try and follow the instructions that are in David's link. 

Click Gallery.

Click Members Gallery.

Click Upload.

Select Create New Album.

Name it something you like.

You can probably follow instructions to load the picture from there. 

Once you have some pictures in your album, to include it in a post, click on the desired picture.

Click Options.

Select Share Links from dropdown menu.

Highlight the BBC code and copy and paste it into your post. 

That's it.   Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#3 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Post didn't contribute anything positive

Edited by Fianchetto, 22 August 2014 - 01:45 AM.

#4 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Fianchetto,

I will be glad to help you post pictures, if I can.  I have posted quite a few here.  I usually start by reducing the size of the picture to about 800 or 1000 pixels wide.  It's mostly width that matters for viewing.  I use photoshop, but you can also use gimp 2, which is free software.  You probably don't really need to do this step, as the board software will maybe shrink it down anyway.  In any case, the picture is saved on your computer to start.

The software for the board has changed a little bit, so it can be a little confusing to try and follow the instructions that are in David's link. 

Click Gallery.
Click Members Gallery.
Click Upload.
Select Create New Album.

Once you have some pictures in your album, to include it in a post, click on the desired picture.
Click Options.

Thanx, JM. If I can can follow your instructions it will prove that evolution is real.

#5 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

You must mean JB, for Jethro Bodine.  I am a Double Naught Spy and a brain surgeon (by correspondence school).  So I pretty much know everything.   :P

Regards,
Allan

#6 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Addm: Rare Thread Edit by Ye Olde Admin following request by OP to remove dialogue prompted by his first post:

Posts addressing the question about using GALLERY at FPB to host and post photos will be preserved.

Don't hate me just because I can upload a picture. That goes for you too, JM. If a photo doesn't follow this comment I'm not getting down. I'm heading in the right direction.

Attached Files

#7 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

Who is JM?

Regards,
Allan

#8 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

And low and behold there was a chorus of music spilling down from heaven because Fianchetto FEE GURRED out how to upload photos with out any help from DOUBLE NAUGHT SPY AND BRAIN SURGEON DUDE.

#9 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

Who is JM?

I thought your username was JOURNEYMAN. Oops my bad.

#10 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

I only said that shit because you were talking about JM, and I thought maybe you meant JB, because Jethro's picture is my Avatar.  I was just trying to help you, but apparently you are intent upon being obnoxious, so I won't make that mistake again.

I suppose it's true - no good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by Procyon, 22 August 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Regards,
Allan

#11 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

Dude, what's your problem? What did I do? Are you stoned? I referred to as journeyman because that's the name that's above your profile pic. Rather than typing out the word journeyman, I shortened it and just typed in JM. I'm not very computer savy. I now see that your username is Procyon. If you're mad because I misunderstood your username from what ever ever journeyman, you are nothing but a punk.

#12 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

You're going on my ignore list. While I was learning how to not do it right, I also learned what an ignore list is.

#13 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

And low and behold there was a chorus of music spilling down from heaven because Fianchetto FEE GURRED out how to upload photos with out any help from DOUBLE NAUGHT SPY AND BRAIN SURGEON DUDE.

Other than me confusing a username with your member status, what about this, hurt your feelings? You jokingly referred to your self as
Double naught spy and brain surgeon. So, I jokingly did the same. I thought I was tacky for bitching about posting photos. You're just sad.

#14 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

Wow.  I just have the usual human problems.  Sorry that you seem so hostile - but actually, I don't really care.  Goodbye and good luck.

Regards,
Allan

#15 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

It might be time to delete this entire thread.   I'm not sure how often I want to have to erase this fellow's stuff each time he realizes how he sounds and then asks me to remove portions.

Would anyone object?

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#16 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:11 AM

Not me.

Regards,
Allan

#17 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

Dave that's all well and fine. This guy literally misunderstood me. I confused his username for his member status. I apologized for my poor behavior. Procyon has not said a damn thing about his screw up. Scroll up and read our conversation.I THANKED HIM BY THE WRONG NAME. When I said don't hate me just because I can post a photo,, if that did anything other than make you chuckle with humor then don't waste your time just deleting this thread. Delete my account. If you can't politely call him out for grossly misunderstanding, then there is a hierarchy and I have no desire to be apart of it. For your own edification just scroll up and read our conversation

#18 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

Fianchetto,

Click Gallery.
Click Members Gallery.
Click Upload.
Select Create New Album.

Click Options.

Thanx, JM. If I can can follow your instructions it will prove that evolution is real.
This is where it started. Read this, Dave. I thanked by the wrong name.

#19 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

You must mean JB, for Jethro Bodine.  I am a Double Naught Spy and a brain surgeon (by correspondence school).  So I pretty much know everything.   :P

Who is JM?

This is where it continued , Dave. Did you read this? I was all exited because I could put a picture on the board and. Said some funny but stupid stuff about music coming from heaven and then I said I FEE GURRED IT OUT . Do you see where I typed in FEE GURRED
INSTEAD OF FIGURED. That was intended for humors sake. None of my posts were meant to be obnoxious or rude or demeaning
Dave, I'm not gonna ask you to take any of this down. This guy grossly misunderstood me and now you want to side with him. Procyon is just took you off of it in the hopes that you'd see that you made a flub. I guess not

#20 Fianchetto

Fianchetto

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

I mean that. If you can't say hey Procyon you flubbed up then you mightas well delete my entire account the only thing I did was to confuse names. If that's grounds to be blasted then I don't need to be here. And to think I was doing so good. According to Procyon I did it wrong but I did it when I came back I was happy and floating and I was proud of my self only to have to hear this guy go off on me over a misconception. If your not gonna confront Procyon and say you goofed up. Then your next move must be to delete my account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users