4 replies to this topic

#1 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Coming up on Ebay soon, maybe no replies by the time it closes.

This pen

Its too long to be standard, too thin to be anything I've seen. The color is... different. I imagine its one of their school pens, but I never saw that in a flat top. Also, it has the long lever, although the ad says "toledo". Also the cap band comes down to the end of the cap lip.

Sooo.... any ideas?

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Not sure. The mottled gripping section is a normal finding for some of the red pens, iirc. Agreed it seems slender. Cap lip instead of cap-band rings bell (earlier finding on some crescent-fill pens?).   I'll have to punt on this one. It does seem to be a non-Endura variant.  Not sure about that cap lip.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 AZuniga

AZuniga

journeyman

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

I have a similar pen, different color with two gold bands on the cap instead of one, and I am under the impression it is a "Three Fifty" pen as established in pages 132-133 of The Conklin Legasy by Alfonso Mur, if wrong someone will correct me here...

gallery_3716_420_36790.jpg

#4 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

$172 - some indication that there were other curious people as well. 

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#5 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

It's a 46....stamped on the barrel. The long lever is early '20's. I'd suspect a sub Duragraph model nor do I recall seeing one before, nice pen had thought it might have done better.

Regards

Hugh

Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users