#1 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hello all,

Pelikan 100N fluted cap ring is my favourite 100N cap variation. Both clip and cap rings are in my view very elegant.

Very recently I was able to find and buy the variation I was missing in my collection, the earlier one with wider and deeper vertical channels and found on all ebonite caps with the several birds in the nest logo (1937/38)

As far as I know Pelikan used at least 3 variations of the fluted rings along the production years ( 1937 to 1954). One of the variation is, to my best knowledge, very scarce.

The difference between them are the spacing and depth of the "vertical channels"

Here are pictures I took from pens in my collection that show the variations:

From the lowest to the top:

1) Deeper and wider "vertical channels"  - Earlier 1937/38 Fluted cap ring, found on all ebonite (Hard rubber) cap. Top cap has the early logo with the several birds in the nest ( I´ve only seen 3 of these caps being one of them mine)

2) Less deep and less wide " vertical channels. 1939 to ??? - found on all ebonite  cap  with the 2 birds.

3) Narrower and shallow " vertical channels" - ??? to 1954 - Celluloid cap ( this variation is the ordinary one)

Note: I am  not sure about the the dates marked with "???". I  would appreciate more information to complete this post. If there are more variations please let me know. These are the ones I know about at the moment.

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Edited by piscov, 29 August 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

#2 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationConfoederatio Helvetica

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Very interesting observation and picture. Thanks for sharing this Vasco.
Unfortunately, I can't help. Have only this:

11758601536_82df3a8996_b.jpg

Best
Christof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users