1 reply to this topic

#1 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

I had a bid in on a pen tonight, and my snipe was well above the winning price. When I got the auction sniper report, it led me to a link with a security code that I couldn't get past.

I wrote to them and got this reply:

We were facing an issue where snipes were unable to be placed on eBay and our engineers since have resolved it. I am sorry that your snipe was missed. You can redeem your loss for free snipes at.....

Currently we are not facing any issue and not receiving any similar issue. If in case you will encounter any difficulties, please feel free to contact us again.

I'm not sure I trust them completely yet. In the meantime, I did win a pen that I put a bid on with 20 minutes left and I was shocked that nobody sniped it. Now I have the answer. 

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#2 Peterg

Peterg

journeyman

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:05 AM

Same thing happened on Gixen last week and I lost a pen. Seems to be working OK now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users