• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Veley

Jon Veley

journeyman

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

I recently participated in a discussion on this board concerning the posting of PCA library documents to archive.org.  I publicly questioned, in light of the suspicious timing of these postings, whether David Isaacson had anything to do with the uploads.

I spoke with Paul Erano at the DC show.  Paul was concerned that my questions likewise called his reputation into question.  I assured Paul that I would revisit this issue and apologize as appropriate -- but only after the PCA had completed its investigation and I was certain what happened and who was responsible.

The PCA's investigation is now complete, and I can report to you that we know who uploaded these documents -- and it was neither David Isaacson nor Paul Erano.  The timing of the uploads, from what we can tell, appears to have been a coincidence.

As for who the culprit was, that is not my news to report.

Therefore, as promised, to the extent the questions I asked here were construed as accusations, I apologize.

#2 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

Fair dinkum...is this really an apology? Absent seems to be the words "sorry" and "I was wrong"....

Hugh Cordingley

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:16 PM

Staying away for the moment for issues and focusing on syntax...

Therefore, as promised, to the extent the questions I asked here were construed as accusations, I apologize.

This does appear to be an apology on behalf of others who--  as it appears to be asserted--  construed questions asked to be  accusations. Or...  an apology that others construed questions as accusations.

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

Paul was concerned that my questions likewise called his reputation into question.

If, "Leave me the hell out of your bullshit, I was never anything other than supportive of you", constitutes an expression of concern.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#5 Ron Z

Ron Z

Advisor

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Oh come ON guys. He apologized. Kissing feed or anything else is not required.

Posted Image
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Visit Main Street Pens

The Blue Fingers Blog is live! Ramblings and musings (and occasional repair tips) from the bench.

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Oh come ON guys. He apologized. Kissing feed or anything else is not required.

You're right. I apologize deeply  that you feel that way ;)

-d

Posted Image

#7 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

I'm sorta bored of this whole saga. 

FWIW, I moved on already to other things. 

#8 Ron Z

Ron Z

Advisor

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

David, you get my point.

Posted Image
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Visit Main Street Pens

The Blue Fingers Blog is live! Ramblings and musings (and occasional repair tips) from the bench.

#9 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

David, you get my point.

Of course. I can read...  and interpret.  Well... sometimes I can.

You see my point  too, I figure.  I'm not really apologizing for you in my note just above. Rather, I'm creating a parallel construction to other apologies floating around here of late.

regards

-d

Posted Image

#10 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

True he apologised....just not very well....sort of the apology you get when it's not. If your not going to at least make a decent attempt why bother?
Hugh Cordingley

#11 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

journeyman

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

If your not going to at least make a decent attempt why bother?

At least we have an admission that the Veley Theory was incorrect.

#12 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:58 AM

The three related threads on this topic have been pinned to top of "Elements of Collecting" at least for now.  They  certainly qualify as choice issues within this theme.

-d

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users