5 replies to this topic

#1 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:26 AM

After 8 weeks on an assignment in Islamabad, Pakistan I'm coming home tomorrow. Its time.. I've done longer stints overseas, but its hard when you live in a hotel out of suitcase to do it more than 6 or 7 weeks. This one was scheduled for 7, but it ran a week longer.

Meanwhile - I have probably had the best buying streak I've ever had on Ebay over these past 8 weeks. My wife, who isn't really complaining (bless her heart!) tells me that I have a mountain of packages waiting for me in my study. 

So, when I get home... do I spend a couple of hours listening to all the latest gossip around town? Or do I greet her, then immediately go and begin the ritual unwrapping (great big green trashbag absorbing all of the debris)? 

I arrive Sunday morning at 7am - home by 8:30 or so. She tells me she might have a staff meeting that morning. Oh, too bad. (YES!!!)

Pictures coming on Sunday.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:32 AM

Welcome home in advance. Travel safely.  I look forward to seeing your recent finds at the Boston Pen Show. I should have a bunch of fresh material too.

We should get lunch.

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

We'll get some chowdah.

Mind you this 8-week horde is something akin to what David typically buys in the first 45 minutes of a show, but a man has to know his limitations...

Edited by marcshiman, 12 September 2014 - 03:35 AM.

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:40 AM

We'll get some chowdah.

Mind you this 8-week horde is something akin to what David typically buys in the first 45 minutes of a show, but a man has to know his limitations...

There must be some famous quote out there on  illusions about the man transcending the actual man ;)

I did just send a nice Swallow away for restoration. Short flat-top, cream-and-black plastic.

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Have a pleasant flight, Marc.  That's a long trip to sit in an airplane.  It will be like great fun opening all those packages, though!  :)

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#6 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

This is what I found....

gallery_334_98_35464.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users