#1 marcshiman

marcshiman

journeyman

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, Maryland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c8c14a773

Please join the Mabie Todd Swan project where I am trying to sort out the undocumented mess that is American Mabie Todd's from the 1930's. The last pens that MT seemed to advertise were the "Eternal" pens, and then the company put out a wide range of different styles, shapes, sizes and filling systems before eventually closing up shop. I invite you to post your pictures of your American pens

The Mabie Todd Swan Project

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

Eep!

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Norm

Norm

journeyman

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

If her husband was carrying around a pen that said Josephine on it, that might be a clue as to why he isn't alive anymore.. maybe also why it is in the condition it is in too. :)

#4 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

journeyman

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

It's hard to tell what condition the pen is in.  It looks like the photographs were taken through a magnifier, perhaps the desk-mounted kind with the built in lamp.  The optical distortion is considerable and hard to factor out visually.

#5 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

journeyman

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

I just got a sponsored ad from Ebay on my Facebook page with a picture of this item.  

"Still interested? Take another look!"

and

"Everything that inspires you, right here."

When I clicked through, it said the item was no longer available and took me to a vintage Hero pen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users