7 replies to this topic

#1 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

Attached File  webposter.jpg   102.69KB   1 downloads

Edited by Jim B, 24 September 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'll be there. I hope to have 150+ pens that have not yet made it to the website. Gem USA pens. Maybe some of the near modern LE Omas pens.   The whole shebang.

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 RonLyke

RonLyke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

I'll be there---1st time to a show. Will there be many exhibitors / vendors? (I'm driving 4 hours.)

#4 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

journeyman

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'll be there---1st time to a show. Will there be many exhibitors / vendors? (I'm driving 4 hours.)

More details here:

http://www.bostonpen...h_Pen_Show.html

Looks there will be plenty of pens there.

#5 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

It will definitely be worth the drive. You will learn more in one day than you would ever imagine, also you may even buy a pen or 2 :)

#6 dwattsjr

dwattsjr

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWakefield, Massachusetts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

One day to go before the first Commonwealth Pen Show!

Details may be seen at http://www.bostonpen...h_Pen_Show.html

#7 Larry Barrieau

Larry Barrieau

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hi,  It was my first pen show and I had a great time.  Thanks to David Watts. Jim Baer, and all the others who organized the show.  It was the first time seeing many of the pens which I have seen discussed on the forums.  A whole bunch of beautiful pens.  The best part by far was the people there.  The exhibitors were  eager to help and explain and answer questions which was great for me since I am only nine months into the hobby.  I watched Richard Binder work on some nibs which I found fascinating, I got to sit with Jim Baer while he took apart and examined a Parker Vacumatic.  (I have put new diaphragms on two duovacs and I was very tenuous and anxious about it, but finally after an hour, I was done.)  To watch Jim pop open things, twist stuff, toss stuff, and all in a matter of a few minutes do what took me sixty minutes,was impressive.  Pier Gustafson was giving away a placard with your name on it.  Beautifully done with his calligraphic talent and taking all of four seconds to complete it.  My wife bought a pen from him.  I bought my first Parker Vacumatic.

If you want to learn something about pens, go to a pen show.

Larry

Edited by Larry Barrieau, 30 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#8 dwattsjr

dwattsjr

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWakefield, Massachusetts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

Thank you to all the exhibitors and to the attendees for making the first Commonwealth Pen Show a success beyond our expectations! We look forward to seeing you all next year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users