#1 Zoe

Zoe

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCallicoon, New York

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

Just got the okay from David to become a Nut.

I've been using a fountain pen since my father put one in my hand nearly at birth, which is many, many years ago.  However, I don't qualify as a collector as much as an "accumulator."  Have a variety of pens from inexpensive Varsitys to nice to handle vintage.

Hope to keep using them with pleasure.

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:43 AM

Welcome,

Accumulation is an important part of collecting ;)

regards

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 penchalet

penchalet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

Glad to have you on the forum. Welcome

logo_trans.gif

Pen Chalet - Fine Writing Instruments

#4 Widget

Widget

journeyman

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Welcome. I think you are not alone being an accumulator. Although there are many serious collectors on this board I think, like yourself, many do not have a collector focus but enjoy hearing about collections. I think I would describe myself as a trainee restorer and repairer so it's good to see how my pens should look.
Post some of your prize pens.

#5 Peterg

Peterg

journeyman

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

Welcome to the Board Zoe. I am an accumulator too. Basically if I like and can afford it, I buy. I restrict myself to British, Danish, Parker, lizard/ snake skin and pens that I find attractive or interesting, pre 1955 and ideally pre war. As you can see my scope is severely limited (principally by funds)!

Edited by Peterg, 28 October 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#6 Zoe

Zoe

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCallicoon, New York

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome, all.

I'd like to post a photo or two but can't seem to get one on board because I don't seem to understand the upload system.

Peter, sounds like a great accumulation.

Mine is not worth putting on line.   When I got a pen it was because it was/is pretty or available.  I've often bought one that was more a mistake than a gleeful purchase.  I can't remember which pen was my first, but I do remember buying two Pelikan M200 in about 1992 in Providence--a blue and grey.   I still have these and now would give one up to reduce my stash.

#7 Peterg

Peterg

journeyman

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Nearly all in cardboard boxes at the moment apart from some 20 working pens in front of me. The oldest is a WH Smith syringe filler which, from the filling rod appears to be pre Conway Stewart, so between 1900 and 1920ish. The rest are 1930 - 50 (difficult to be precise as most early post war British pens were pre war copies or updates).

#8 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:13 AM

Welcome! You will find the folks here at the FPB wonderful, super friendly, and very nice to communicate with. The collective knowledge of these folks on pens is truly amazing!

If there is something you would like me to do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, accumulator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users