8 replies to this topic

#1 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:16 AM

What pen do you typically use at work?  I have a Sheaffer Vacuum-Fil desk pen on my desk which I use frequently throughout each day.  

Share a pic of your favorite "working pen" whether it be a desk pen or pocket pen. 

gallery_11739_462_408938.jpg

#2 Quantum Sailor

Quantum Sailor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

I tend to use a TWSBI 580 or vac700 at work. 

#3 Norm

Norm

journeyman

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

I had a Sheaffer black glass double desk set on my desk when I worked.  One was a BP for others to use and one was a FP.  I am retired and the only "job" I have now is to watch Judge Judy and take naps.  Everything else I do is for fun.

The top pen is the one that has been in constant use since I bought it new. The second is thin enough to fit in the pen pocket in my check book when I go out. ( don't write checks but keep my shopping list in it and write down the amount in the check register.  The other two are recent acquisitions that I am having fun with at the present.  The black 51 is dated the year I was born (1944) and the bottom one is a shell, body, and cap by Kulock that I completed with original 51 parts. 

DSCN1947_zps80d2ba1b.jpg

Edited by Norm, 15 November 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#4 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

I rotate what I carry every day, carrying two pens out of about 50 I keep for using. But since the OP posted what he keeps on his desk at work, I'll offer up the desk set below, which is on my desk in my office. It's a 1953 Motorola Executive clock radio desk set, made in collaboration with Parker. The pen is a 51 Special, while the pencil is the standard Parker 51 pencil. The unique thing about this set is it's the only one (per Ernesto Soler) that has the small holder sized for the pencil. I had the radio fixed and it works great, albeit just AM.

24_zps62197baa.jpg

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#5 Norm

Norm

journeyman

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

I like your desk pen Mr. Danza.

This is the desk set I keep on my desk at home.  It is a 1936 Vacumatic pen and pencil.  The pencil holder is smaller.

DSCN1951_zps26ca65ff.jpg

Edited by Norm, 17 November 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#6 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:39 AM

The one I'm working with that day!!

:-)

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#7 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:09 AM

Very nice Pelikan Norm!  

What a fantastic desk set John!  I think you would need a quite large executive desk to put that on!  It would dominate my desk for sure.  

#8 Kelly

Kelly

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationS.W. Kansas

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

I usually carry two pens in my pocket to work and they are the same two pens for weeks in a row as I tend to be a creature of habit.  Lately those have been a silver pearl 1945 vac major (I think) with a "stacked coin" band and a black OS Sheaffer Balance lever filler with the radius clip.  Both pens were sumgai antique shop finds that although well used were not abused and restored in very nice condition.  They would not command higher end prices because of their worn appearance but they are wonderful writers.  Great pens for work.

#9 Bullfighter

Bullfighter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMorton Grove Illinois

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:09 AM

Since I don't have a desk (or work) there's no work pen. But when I go out anywhere, the pen that's usually in my pocket more than any other is one of my Parker 51s. To me a 51 is "old reliable" more than any other pen I own, going back to a Parker Jack knife. I've tried others, like the Sheaffer Targa, but always come back to the 51. I have a sentimental attachment to Parker 51s going back to the late 1940s.

Everything will be all right in the end.

If it is not alright, it is not yet the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users