• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hello again, I found a rare Pen, Osmia Progress Supra and want to know how you can start to repair the charging system, it is rare and I've never seen any like. Maybe someone can help you find the model mechanism ?, maybe know how to open the pen to access the filling system ?, maybe someone can find out how you can repair? - Thanks in advance for the help it can get.

Greetings to all

#2 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationConfoederatio Helvetica

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi
Usually, vintage Osmia are easy serviceable. But there are several models of the progress supra.
A picture of your pen would help, also with some details like filling knob/blind cap etc...
These are piston fillers which usually need a new cork seal.
c.

Edited by Christof Z, 14 November 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#3 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

Hi
Usually, vintage Osmia are easy serviceable. But there are several models of the progress supra.
A picture of your pen would help, also with some details like filling knob/blind cap etc...
These are piston fillers which usually need a new cork seal.
c.

Thank you very much, I will try to post some pictures with details. Thanks again

Edited by malachvintagepens, 14 November 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#4 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Thank you very much, I will try to post some pictures with details. I created a photo album and I added this message, thank you very much again and hope to find help, God bless you all.

Hello again, I publish on my album "" malachvintagepens album "" some photos of this rare Osmia Progress Supra, I need to repair the loading mechanism but I do not know how the pen is opened, I think it is similar to Vacumatic Parker does not understand this mechanism, if anyone can help, I will be eternally grateful, Pen is the first of this model that I see with this rare mechanism and fills me curious as restaurateur. Thousand thanks in advance to all who can help.

NOTE: Somewhere in this thread or the Photo Album,  mark may appear OMAS, it is wrong, this thread refers to the OSMIA Progress Supra. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you

Edited by malachvintagepens, 16 November 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#5 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

I only found two pics.
I still think this is a piston filler but may be something has broken.
You have to screw out the piston housing (black threaded part) to remove the piston and to see what's wrong.
c.

#6 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the info, I tried to upload other photos but it has been repeated, I deleted some but I can not leave that interest, I think I should learn more about the procedure to upload photos to the album. Thanks again

#7 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hi again, I'm also wondering this mechanism Osmia Progress Supra in forum Spain - to be in Spanish I find it easier to upload photos and understand the process of publication - I think I can post the URL of the forum can view photos of this Osmia at this address:
(if this is not allowed by please, sorry ask and I say, thank you)

#8 markiv

markiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

Your Supra has the vacumatic type filler. Be careful as hardened rubber sac can make it difficult to dissemble the parts. 

Hope this helps. 

Ron Zorn has made a nice post here

Posted Image

#9 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi Vik

Seems there are things I still have to learn…
I have bever heard of that and have never seen an Osmia with Vacumatic-type filler. Do you have such a pen?
Unfortunately, Ron Zorns site only shows the mechanism but not the pen.
Do you think that this advice could be wrong?

gallery_19668_246_6796.jpg

C.

Edited by Christof Z, 17 November 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#10 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for your help, all the info received is very interesting, the rod that is inside the blind cap must be stuck, is blind in the CAP (difficult to photograph) a piece with a slot equal to the slot the screw on the CAP, I will try to dilate with mild heat to unscrew, how do I meet ?, I will follow the advice of heat gently to remove that screw, I think in the barrel may be the solution. I will keep you informed. Thank you all again.

-- Sorry, my english is not perfect

#11 markiv

markiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

Hi Vik

Seems there are things I still have to learn…
I have bever heard of that and have never seen an Osmia with Vacumatic-type filler. Do you have such a pen?
Unfortunately, Ron Zorns site only shows the mechanism but not the pen.
Do you think that this advice could be wrong?

C.

Yep  - we always learn something new. Your diagram is correct. I have 3 Osmia vacs, one restored and two with missing parts. I will post a picture once I have a moment. 

Meanwhile here is another diagram posted by Francis elsewhere. 

Osmiaprogress.jpg

Posted Image

#12 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

Very interesting topic. Pictures would help tough. Malachvintagepens please try to upload your pictures to Photobucket or the internal forum storage and they copy past the link here. The links you are sharing only work if we became members of the watches forum.

I also have a Supra with this filing system and it is indeed a Vacumatic style filler. Mine is just like the one Christof shows in the commented picture above.

One question: is the thread left or right? Ill try to disassemble mine

Also interesting is that the diagram Markiv shows has Matador click written in the legend but I have 2 Matador click and are both piston fillers, Never heard of Matador Click with Vacumatic filling system...

Here are pictures of both pens side by side:

IMG_0897.JPG

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

#13 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

I´ve just tested my Supra Progress and it´s filling like a charm. This is one of the many pens I buy because i like the looks and never test. I was convinced it was not filling, but it is!! I will not dissemble it now :)

It makes sense the filling mechanism is inspired in the Vacumatic one after all Osmia had a Joint venture with parker for some years. For more detail look here

I believe the filing mechanism we are discussing is the one mentioned as "Membrane" in the link.

Best regards
Vasco

#14 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hi again, first of all, thank you very much for the help and information I'm getting, I'm trying to upload pictures to my album on this forum but can not get it right, my English is not very good and there are things that have to translate and Machine translation is not very accurate, however, try to upload photos of this pen. I have not yet removed the parts of this pen, I hope to do today and tomorrow and do photos of all the pieces that appear for easy identification - and I can say that the diaphragm is right for this pen is the greatest Parker Vacumatic -  I continue to report and hope to upload photos to the album.

Best Regards to all from Spain to USA and the world  and I am very happy and thankful for such collaboration

Hello again, I am building a web page for my collection and restoration processes, I will publish on this website is pen and can be used without having to login, I will upload pictures when disassembling the pen and the restore process !! whether I get !!.
All Pen are published are retauradas for me.
Best Regads from Spain  to all

Edited by malachvintagepens, 18 November 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#15 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hello again, I managed to disassemble the pen, shipping details of the mechanism of a similar pen, and a link to view the pen I disassembled missed rod you see in the photo and the frustum which the diagram fits once seems to have inverted rim, we'll see how we fix this and publish interesting info and pictures of the pen I'm restoring.

Here you can read about this piece, as the author says, it's like a Vacumatic but it seems "a freak"

#16 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

#17 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

Please post pictures of the pen dissasembled.

Best regards
Vasco

#18 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

OK, do not worry, I'll make the photos tomorrow, now it's night in Spain, 21h 50m - will bring them photos of all parts and assembly order, however, I think there's something missing, perhaps rotted over time or it decomposed, is an offshoot you see in the picture I sent in the link, I think I can produce an offspring alike. regards

#19 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Thanks!! I am from Portugal :)

Best regards
Vasco

#20 markiv

markiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:11 AM

I hope this helps with all further questions  B)

Lwj7snj.jpg

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users