• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alfredop

alfredop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

Last sunday I found in  a flea market a german scholastic pens, I always take them because they usually write very well and I like piston fillers, this pen made by Compaktor has something of unusual, indeed it is not a piston filler but a vacuum filler, operated by pressing the transparent button at the end of the barrel:

20141118_221517_zpst1n5zyvg.jpg   

This really got my interest since up to now I was not aware of this type of german pens.

Alfredo

#2 tmenyc

tmenyc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

Looks more French than German!

Tim

#3 alfredop

alfredop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Maybe yes, but I can confirm that the pen is from Germany, at least from the description by Tom Westerich on a similar pen on penboard.de.

Alfredo 

#4 AZuniga

AZuniga

journeyman

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

The pen cap looks very much as a German pen, but I agree with Tim; I have only seen that transparent button in French pens...

#5 alfredop

alfredop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

The pen has on the barrel the inscription "Compaktor patented by Buschle", the only reference I found is in a post on FPN by the user "Kaweco":

Compactor was founded by Buschle in Wuppertal/ Germany
Kind Regards
Thomas

I think that Thomas is also a user here (I seem to remember a post from him regarding the Mercedes pens), so maybe he can give us some more details.

Ciao

Alfredo

#6 Newriter

Newriter

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hello all

Arrrgh ;) my camouflage is gone....

Alas, I have no more details. But Buschle was indeed a German brand. I could not  yet find anybody who wants to investigate about the big cluster of fountainpenmakers in Wuppertal- Elberfeld and surround. It is necessary to live nearby to find out the secrets about the firms, to talk with former workers and to look after some documents.

Buschle, trade mark Compactor still exists in Brazil. They make ballpoint pens..

Alfredo, your Buschle fountainpen is really very exciting. The fill in mechanism is visible in the push knob and this is a "gimmick" I had never seen before. My congratulations. The filling diaphragma reminds me a little bit in some Matador fountainpens I had seen during the last days. Matador had been located in Wuppertal- Elberfeld too.

Kind Regards

Thomas

#7 Widget

Widget

journeyman

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Looks a bit like the Mabie Todd Swan Visofil V I have just finished restoring. That has a clear filler unit at the end. This is depressed 5 times to fill the pen. The sac is attached to both the section nipple and the top of the transparent plunger. There is also a spring over the whole of the sac. Rather fiddly to repair but very satisfying when you see the ink in the plunger.

#8 alfredop

alfredop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

Hello all

Arrrgh ;) my camouflage is gone....

Alas, I have no more details. But Buschle was indeed a German brand. I could not  yet find anybody who wants to investigate about the big cluster of fountainpenmakers in Wuppertal- Elberfeld and surround. It is necessary to live nearby to find out the secrets about the firms, to talk with former workers and to look after some documents.

Buschle, trade mark Compactor still exists in Brazil. They make ballpoint pens..

Alfredo, your Buschle fountainpen is really very exciting. The fill in mechanism is visible in the push knob and this is a "gimmick" I had never seen before. My congratulations. The filling diaphragma reminds me a little bit in some Matador fountainpens I had seen during the last days. Matador had been located in Wuppertal- Elberfeld too.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

sorry for having uncovered you :D, on the other hand I was sure that you were able to give us some light on this pen (we already discussed in the past on FPN about a Symys I found some years ago).

Ciao

Alfredo

Edited by alfredop, 25 November 2014 - 02:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users