4 replies to this topic

#1 Bullfighter

Bullfighter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMorton Grove Illinois

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:14 AM

Seriously, does a serial number on a Mont Blanc have any significance? I've been told both sides, yes and no. Some say the older models before year XXXX had them, the current ones don't. I have some of each. Enlightenment, please?

Everything will be all right in the end.

If it is not alright, it is not yet the end.

#2 Mike Hosea

Mike Hosea

journeyman

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

I wasn't aware that the current ones don't have it.  Perhaps the smaller ones?  There is an image of the 149 on the current Montblanc website on which you can see a fragment of a serial number.  We'll see if/how long a direct link works.

28439-ecom-osis-sq-03.png.adapt.450.450.

#3 Bullfighter

Bullfighter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMorton Grove Illinois

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

A year ago, while waiting at Chicago O'Hare where there is a Mont Blanc concession, I showed one of the employees my Solitaire Doue which has a serial number and she said it does not mean anything as far as age is concerned. She also said that there is no database where one can determine what year a pen was made by a serial number. My 149 does not have a serial number. I just found a Burgundy 144 that does. Very confusing.

Some day when I figure out how to post pictures I will show off this beauty of a pen that was sitting all by its lonesome in an antique mall I frequent. I could not leave the shop without that pen, even though I was puzzled by the italic nib. Not very often you find a really nice pen with such a nib.

Edited by Bullfighter, 20 November 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Everything will be all right in the end.

If it is not alright, it is not yet the end.

#4 AZuniga

AZuniga

journeyman

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Bullfighter,

If you go to the first section: Greetings + latest news, there is a topic named: How to create a section with Gallery to upload photos, written by Procyon, it is very clear and will be certainly useful for you to post pictures... good luck

Ariel

#5 piscov

piscov

journeyman

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Currently sold pens all have serial numbers. I believe MB started putting serial number in clips as of 1990 ( not sure of the date).

It's not known the existence of a public database relating serial numbers to each pen or even model sold. If exists, only MB has access to it and they, to my best knowledge, don't make it public.

So for  MB pens pre 1990 you will not have serial number for later ones you will have.

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users