Cob

journeyman

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, England

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

I have recently acquired a rather worse-for-wear Bohler: a Glorex:

gallery_80961_406_45404.jpg

As the following picture shows I need parts to make it work!  The nib is a nasty-looking stainless thing called "Edelchrom Prima" I have no idea whether or not it is original, but if I get the pen working, the nib goes in the bin and I shall try to find a suitable gold one to take its place - another Frankenpen on the way!

gallery_80961_406_92855.jpg

Any information, opinions (and parts) much appreciated.

Cob

#2 Newriter

Newriter

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hi Cob

It`s one of these "arrrrghhh" wartime fountainpens from Hermann Böhler. You can see the shortage of raw materials in the lack of cap rings and in the brittleness of the plastic. The clip seems to be too small for the body.

The nib is original. It is one of the early Bock nibs. Possibly the steel is also from a poor quality, sometimes the nibs break immediately. But Hermann Böhler made a good quality of writing articles. They had gorgeous celluloid pens (which really would been more worth a repair compared to this black one) Böhler had later been included in the stationary wholeseller herlitz.

Kind Regards

Thomas

#3 Cob

Cob

journeyman

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hi Cob

It`s one of these "arrrrghhh" wartime fountainpens from Hermann Böhler. You can see the shortage of raw materials in the lack of cap rings and in the brittleness of the plastic. The clip seems to be too small for the body.

The nib is original. It is one of the early Bock nibs. Possibly the steel is also from a poor quality, sometimes the nibs break immediately. But Hermann Böhler made a good quality of writing articles. They had gorgeous celluloid pens (which really would been more worth a repair compared to this black one) Böhler had later been included in the stationary wholeseller herlitz.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Thank you Thomas very much, so it's junk.  Pity, I quite like the look of it.

Oh well, then it can join the other corpses in the "spares/no-hoper" box.

All the best

Cob

#4 Newriter

Newriter

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Hi Cob

Here we go:

HermannBoumlhler047_zps83ded51d.jpg

HermannBoumlhler041_zps2771d215.jpg

HermannBoumlhler039_zps313143a8.jpg

HermannBoumlhler035_zps60d38335.jpg

HermannBoumlhler011_zps1dbad4ce.jpg

HermannBoumlhler003_zpsa3401bb9.jpg

Kind Regards

Thomas

#5 Cob

Cob

journeyman

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Er, thanks Thomas; those pictures are a real tonic - or are they??!!

Bloody piston-fillers!  I have the Bohler and a Big Ben, both useless because parts don't exist.

If something is broken you're stuffed.  I shall stick to my Swans, Onotos and button fillers in future; at least I can get parts!

Cob

Edited by Cob, 20 December 2014 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users