12 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Has anyone heard anything about this show for 2015? I called Don earlier this bweek and left a message. Haven't heard back.
Jerry

#2 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

I think he posted something with David I. on FB that the venue is changing, but can't recall where. It's still near the airport.

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#3 Hirsch

Hirsch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

Per Don Lavin, the hotel is the Sheridan Chicago in Rosemont, IL.  The dates are the April 30May 1,2 and 3.  Roger Wooten and Paul Conterato are going to run the show with some assistance.

That said, there were no flyers or information available at the LA Pen Show. Many of the attendees in LA believed that there would be no Chicago show this year.  The website still shows the 2014 show. If there is actually going to be a 2015 show, it's way past time for someone to start telling people about it.  Loudly. If I'm going, it's time for me to start making plans, but I've got major doubts about going to a show in two months that appears to be running in "stealth" mode.

#4 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

Website should be up tomorrow.  Flyers are also supposed to go out this week.  I think we all would have liked to have had many things ironed out way before now but, there is going to be a show and we will try to get it running as smoothly as possible.

Roger W.

#5 travberg

travberg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

OK, still can't find anything on the 2015 Chicago show officially. I would like to buy plane tickets if this going to happen.

Anyone going???

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Suspect it is still a bit up in the air.

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#7 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

Not up in the air at all!  I met Don Lavin at the hotel this morning and it is very nice.  It is the Sheraton O'Hare and it is an atrium hotel meaning that all the rooms rise 11 floors up around an atrium.  The center of the atrium is their open air restaurant with all but the ballroom on the perimeter and the ballroom off to one side.  Shoeless Joes is cattycorner to the hotel which might be a good replacement to Ram Brewery (and it is only 1.8 miles away itself) for those that went there.  Unlike the long Westin with many other people the Sheraton would be much more intimate and much more just pen folks.  I did not check out where we can have cigars (I don’t know how I could have overlooked that). Anyway, should be a great venue.  We'll have the flyer out this week and the website should be up (I hope) tomorrow.  Also, walking distance – Harry Caray’s, Nick’s Fish Market and McDonald's.

Roger W. 

#8 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

Not up in the air at all!  I met Don Lavin at the hotel this morning and it is very nice.  It is the Sheraton O'Hare and it is an atrium hotel meaning that all the rooms rise 11 floors up around an atrium.  The center of the atrium is their open air restaurant with all but the ballroom on the perimeter and the ballroom off to one side.  Shoeless Joes is cattycorner to the hotel which might be a good replacement to Ram Brewery (and it is only 1.8 miles away itself) for those that went there.  Unlike the long Westin with many other people the Sheraton would be much more intimate and much more just pen folks.  I did not check out where we can have cigars (I don’t know how I could have overlooked that). Anyway, should be a great venue.  We'll have the flyer out this week and the website should be up (I hope) tomorrow.  Also, walking distance – Harry Caray’s, Nick’s Fish Market and McDonald's.

Roger W. 

Good to be close to the Steakhouse of the Great Golden Arches...or not.

#9 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

Roger W. 

Parking might be difficult, but I likely won't drive in myself.

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#10 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:31 AM

Actually parking is great.  There is parking right at the hotel for cost or a block away a FREE parking structure easily walked from.

Roger W.

#11 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

So, will you be able to pick me up in Janesville?

regards

-d

Posted Image

#12 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

I want to see Growler in the FREE Parking zone...

#13 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:02 AM

I won't be bringing the Jag out from NYC for this, but if you come down to the Washington DC Pen Show...

jaguar_nose950atweak.jpg

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users