61 replies to this topic

#61 Pensee

Pensee

journeyman

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

I think what's really funny is that the title of this thread is "Dude, where's my magazine"  is a spin off of that movie, "Dude, Where's my Car" ....

anyone ever see that movie? It was horrible. I have it on DVD, and I bet I never watched the whole thing. I am not even sure if he found his car. 

It is probably up there with "Freddy got Fingered" which is another horribly bad movie, at least with the later, it offers some great quotables. 

Personally, you want to watch a cinematic masterpiece of that general era, try "The Big Lebowski" that is a fine movie. 

OK, ya got me.  Never saw the movie-- just remembered the title & thought it might fit.

Was there ever a sequel like, "Dude!  I been Hijacked!"

Anyway, will see if netflicks has "The Big Lebowski"

Thanks for suggestion!

best

--Bruce

#62 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

"Making the New York Connection" has one citation, a map.

Every fact presented in the article is properly referenced in the article. "Making the New York Connection" does not have just one reference.

Hugh, did you notice the 100 or so blue underlined hyper-linked references throughout the article, or the dozens and dozens of footnotes in each PENnant edition?

Likewise Hollands' childhood is a bit light on and the one point that stood out was the assumption Holland wasn't related to either James or Mrs. Fox , again a very minor point but relevant if Mrs Fox had previously been married.

One point that stood out to you while reading the article was the authors' assumption that Mrs. Fox and Holland were not related?

Frank Holland was raised in an orphanage.

Edit: to clarify information taken from the article.

Fair dinkum..after all the crap that's gone on...you change "Frank Holland was an orphan" to this and claim "clarifying information taken from article"...

And even that's less likely than likely anyway....

Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users