26 replies to this topic

#21 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

Actually, I guess I still don't have all the colors.  I have only one Burgundy.  I am not sure which shade it is, but it has a black section.  Does that mean it is the earlier, lighter shade of burgundy?   Also, if I just find a Burgundy with a matching section, will that necessarily be the later, darker shade?

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#22 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Black section would not necessarily be telling as it could be a replacement.  Matching section would be sure.  When you have both then you can tell side by side - very close shades. 

Roger W.

#23 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:58 AM

Trying to recall if lighter or darker is matching. Lighter burg is the PFM shade?

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#24 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

My darker one has a matching section.  I don't recall seeing a lighter colored one with a matching section.

#25 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

As far as I can work out the "nominal" burgundy seemed as variable as a wine from that venerable region !! TM TD burgundy was different to early snorkel, early different to late, early Imperial different to later Imperial.....btw my Fern sports a black section now ...but it came with a sage section..so I'll happily live with that !! While semi relevant I rarely see Aust. Snorkels with matching sections ( I'm yet to see one in the "new colours" regardless of section), I have one in grey.

Regards

Hugh

Hugh Cordingley

#26 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

New burgundy is darker than the original.  My new burgundy is pretty close to my touchdown Imperial IV though that is a touch darker still.  The later cartridge Imperials are much lighter.

#27 Robert111

Robert111

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

As far as I can work out the "nominal" burgundy seemed as variable as a wine from that venerable region !! TM TD burgundy was different to early snorkel, early different to late, early Imperial different to later Imperial.....btw my Fern sports a black section now ...but it came with a sage section..so I'll happily live with that !! While semi relevant I rarely see Aust. Snorkels with matching sections ( I'm yet to see one in the "new colours" regardless of section), I have one in grey.

Regards

Hugh

Nevermind. Figured it out: "Aust." means Australian.

Edited by Robert111, 30 June 2015 - 10:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users