Photo

A teaching award, but not for fountain pen collecting...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

I don't talk much online about work, save for generalities, as there seems to be little upside to doing so, but I think it is safe to play with this one. Our Family Medicine Residency had it annual graduation dinner today. I had a nice surprise. I've always enjoyed teaching (both pens and Hospital Internal Medicine), but the occasional bit of external validation never hurts. Besides working with the Residents the last three years in Janesville-- when not hunting Parker pens after my accidental arrival here--I've been blessed to work evenings with an excellent NP and PA.

Tonight's surprise at the graduation dinner.

david_award_resident_montagea.jpg

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

It's funny, seeing this pop up as I make my 'rounds' of the fora. What the hell, congratulations again!

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

Thanks Jon.  :)

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#4 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:10 AM

congrats

#5 Pensee

Pensee

journeyman

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

Pretty cool & 'ditto' the "congrads"

Never heard "Night Float" before.  That's 3 to 11, graveyard, or something?

best

--Bruce

#6 Diabolical_Engineer

Diabolical_Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

Congrats!

#7 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

Absolutely excellent and well deserved David! Congratulations! I still remember how you recounted the story over dinner at the D.C. of how the recruiter for the position in Janesville was describing the location as perhaps "off the beaten path" or "maybe you have not heard of the location" when they/the person was interviewing you for the position.

Awards such as these really bring home your dedication to your profession, and sure shows everyone else that indeed your attention to detail and your commitment to any cause has your full heart and passion into it. Your desire for us pen folks to also enjoy our commitment to our passions and opportunities with you being an example for us makes us enjoy here has that same passionate mantra that we look forward to here in the pen world as well.

Greg Minuskin

www.gregminuskin.com

greg@gregminuskin.com

#8 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

Hi Greg,

Thanks kindly.  Good recollection, but to keep record straight, not a recruiter, but my old boss (MD, MBA) who had just been lured out there and wanted me to join him.

He just became CMO of a massive hospital chain.

Good times.

-d

Posted Image

#9 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:16 PM

Hi Greg,

Thanks kindly.  Good recollection, but to keep record straight, not a recruiter, but my old boss (MD, MBA) who had just been lured out there and wanted me to join him.

He just became CMO of a massive hospital chain.

Good times.

-d

My pleasure! 

Oh, got it. I do remember someone "telling" you about the position, but was thinking it was a recruiter of some sort.

Wish I got a plaque like that for completing the metric century bike ride (68 miles) I did last month in 5 hours with elevation gain/loss of 3,800 feet!

Greg Minuskin

www.gregminuskin.com

greg@gregminuskin.com

Edited by Greg Minuskin, 28 June 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#10 vintage penman

vintage penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationCambrian Mountains - Wales

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

Well done Doc !

#11 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

7pm to 7am. Formally "Nocternist" or "Night Rotation".  The term "Night Float" is antiquated, but I didn't mind.

-d

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users