Amnis

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAUSTRIA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

Hello at all!!

My name is Martin, I'm 32 years young and send you all nice greetings from Tyrol in Austria.

The days got really short here in the moment - Winter in the mountains... can't wait for Summer :-D

Hope to meet nice people here and maybe I will find a nice full metal flex pen too :-) Who knows.

Kind regards,

Martin

#2 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:56 AM

Welcome! You will find the folks here at the FPB really friendly, and knowledgable too! If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

I have a good from from Leopolsdorf, outside Vienna!

Greg Minuskin

www.gregminuskin.com

greg@gregminuskin.com

#3 Widget

Widget

journeyman

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

Hi Martin I also collect metal pens. I prefer gold pens but they are so expensive at the moment and yet a full gold overlay has very little gold weight. I do have a few silver pens including a 30s MT Swan leverless with matching MP I managed to purchase from an on line auction. Even that worked out to be a very high price after the auction house added 20% commission plus VAT. Oh for a bargain. My last purchase was also a MT but this time a self filler in 18 ct gold. It's rather plain though. I like something a little more decorative with scrolls, leaves and flowers like my tiny gold Waterman Safety also purchased from an on line auction. I'm staying away at the moment spent far too much on pens so I'm trying to list them all at the moment because I have so many (most not metal) I need to identify them all and decide which way my collection is going.
Welcome to the board.

#4 Amnis

Amnis

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAUSTRIA

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hi Widget, thanks for the welcome - oh it seems it is not easy to get a nice flex pen in full metal :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users