• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

Hi again everyone, I saw a Parker Golden Web with engraved date, zero and three points (first quarter 1940) but this does not correspond with the story, I remember that these models Golden Web (brickwork design brown) are only manufactured in 1936 and 1937 - Can anyone say something about it ?, perhaps were made in later years ?. Thank you all in advance

Sorry, she sent twice

Edited by malachvintagepens, 16 November 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:58 AM

Seem to recall David discussing this in an article.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:02 AM

I don't have perfect answers, but there is a general collector awareness of seemingly late production (or late coded) first generation pens. Golden Web was catalogued 1936-7.  Occasional late marked pens are seen. Similar to the Overmax, the burgundy Oversize in all things save a 1940 late date code and a post-first-generation. Repair at least possible, as there is some evidence Parker date stamped parts at time of use.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the info, then I can understand that it is possible that the pen is dialed (the date engraved on the barrel) after being manufactured, it seems that making these pens was only during 1936 ... 1938, this no doubt ( and I think it only in was 1936 and 1937), then I ask you, who sets the zero 0 on the barrel, maybe Parker? or perhaps someone who has bought the pen ?, Does pens were made of this model undated? - And finally do not understand this sentence, Sr, David, please clarify if I'd appreciate a lot, you say this "" Repair at least possible, as there is some evidence Parker date stamped parts at time of use. "" mean that you should not repair or restore, can be non-genuine? authentic Parker? sometimes taducción does not correspond to what you want to say, I pray you tell me this in other words to better understand,  my English is not perfect and sometimes slang translates to errors in the automatic translator (my machine Help).

Best regards and thank you very much again

#5 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

The "0", barring surpise, should be Parker original.  Regarding repairs at Parker, replacement parts back in the day, observation suggests that Parker date stamped parts at time they were put into play, not just when the raw barrel tubes were first made.  A Golden Web sent back to Parker while supplies lasted, say in 1940, might end up with a 1940 barrel code. Similarly, if Parker had left over pens and opted to let final stock go a few years after original offering, late date codes could result. All of these possibilities are "Parker genuine". :)

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#6 malachvintagepens

malachvintagepens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

Thank you very much David, this is the info I needed. Very grateful and my best wishes for very wise experts.

Best regards to all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users